The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The story of my first car: The Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shnizzle

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
:talon:

It all began in 23 years ago, when a certain someone with a decently apportioned budget decided that they shall be one of the first to embark on a new style of motor vehicle-ing. That this someone will spend the 16,000 MSRP on a 'new'(LOL) 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. Perhaps make monthly payments to fullfill a fantasy joyride. Or perhaps it was a rapper blowing his cash.. Who knows?
One thing i do know, they bought a seed. To become The emerging blossom to be called "D . S . M ."

"A motor of stars forged by diamonds".

On a slightly more serious note,
Fast forward to 2009, the 3rd owner (2nd owner kept it stock until sale in 2009) bought the car and pretty much modded the car up pretty well. You can check the mods on my profile but the basics include B16G, pistons, cams, ported 2g exhaust. much more

This guy was pretty serious about this car and really did a good job! I'm thankful he didn't cut corners in this build which i am slowly realizing. I'm sure he's probably among one of the proven members of this website and he referred me here after the purchase.

You don't understand, He had a Mitsubishi tattoo on his hand!!

fast fast forward

Be 18. Have worked a job for some time. Decide DSM is the way i want to go. Search craigslist for MONTHS for talons, galant vr-4, eclipse gsx. over and over.

Optional: I was about to buy a 1992 galant vr-4 4??/1000 but i had to go to work so i told him id come back first thing in the morning (it was beautiful) and buy it. I get a text saying he sold it.:banghead::banghead:

Find this ad and i come to look at the car. I couldn't buy it on the spot $$ but i knew it was gonna be mine. I just knew ya know? No!! you don't know, you're probably not 18 and as half-witted as me. But i digress.. I buy the car, get a tune and here i am!

Now im just gonna do some basic maintenance and then im thinking why not pick up where he left off.

I'm excited to become a part of this great network that is a very powerful tool to every single one of us.

- Shnizzle

nice! you wont regret buying that car. They can be a pain, that's for sure but when they work, they are fantastic

Creative first post! Welcome to Tuners, it will take you and your car to a whole new level.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back