The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The S10 Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't go by photos. They'll sting you every time.
QUOTE]

The paint is actually very good in person. I'll try to get some closer photos of it for you guys sometime this week. The only downer about the paint is they didn't paint the door jams, or the inside of the bed(as seen in the uploaded picture):notgood:

Mini trucks should have just followed their slammed VW Bug cousins quietly to the grave back in the late 80's. They were cool when surfing and skating were huge... now they're about as relevant as mohawks and Boy George.

Wait, now there's an idea in this failing economy - bring back the old VW Bug!!!! Everyone can get 30 mpg and a brand new car for like $3k! They only stopped producing them in Mexico 5-6 years ago - seriously.

....bring back the old VW Bug!!!! They only stopped producing them in Mexico 5-6 years ago - seriously.
For real? Were they still endorsed by VW or was it a knockoff copy....or were they building new Bug's out of old parts :D ?

You can tell he is a "Customiza" based on the vinyl for sale sticker. He could have bought a for sale sign for $0.99 at the hardware store or for pennies printed out a piece of paper. Wow.

Ahh I see. I wouldn't be caught dead in a cruise group with that truck.. It makes me sick.. Maybe if he didnt't go all ricer tails, it would look better.

Mini trucks should have just followed their slammed VW Bug cousins quietly to the grave back in the late 80's. They were cool when surfing and skating were huge... now they're about as relevant as mohawks and Boy George.

Wait, now there's an idea in this failing economy - bring back the old VW Bug!!!! Everyone can get 30 mpg and a brand new car for like $3k! They only stopped producing them in Mexico 5-6 years ago - seriously.

Really...My roomate loves the old hippie busses. Wish I could find one for 3k. Or cheaper and restore it..Nice tid bit of info there Chris..

Thanks

Bud

The only downer about the paint is they didn't paint the door jams, or the inside of the bed(as seen in the uploaded picture):notgood:

Oh, ghetto. No, not good.

Those were genuine Volkswagen Type 1 Bugs, built by VW with new parts.

Unfortunately, in most of the US where the actual highway speeds are now commonly above seventy, it's just too much for that motor to push through the air. But find some pictures or clips of Buenos Aires, or most of the rest of South America. They're the prime mover there, still.

Oh, ghetto. No, not good.

Those were genuine Volkswagen Type 1 Bugs, built by VW with new parts.

Unfortunately, in most of the US where the actual highway speeds are now commonly above seventy, it's just too much for that motor to push through the air. But find some pictures or clips of Buenos Aires, or most of the rest of South America. They're the prime mover there, still.
Yeah, you still see a lot of Bugs in Mexico, though most all the taxis are 91-93 Nissan Sentras (actually named Nissan Tsuru south of the border). Strangely enough, I've also seen some cool cars in Mexico, like the Audi S3, Focus RS, Citreon 207, and Renault Megane RS - cool little turbocharged hatch backs.

Did the front of it look like this?

65011d1151027114-new-body-kit-401truck2.gif

Did the front of it look like this?

65011d1151027114-new-body-kit-401truck2.gif
LOL - wrong truck group... I just saw a truck that looked like that on the way to work this morning actually!

I always tease my wife about her "brothers" (referring to her Mexican heritage) and their sense of style when it comes to those heavily accessorized full size trucks. She always comes back with a reference to NASCAR, gun rack-equipped lifted "rigs" or monster trucks, making the point that my "brothers" are just as noteworthy. Touche! Bad taste isn't isolated to just one ethnicity - being from Cali, I've learned firsthand.

I was so disappointed when the s10 pic came up. It would have been awesome if it was just a clean stock truck with ZQ8 suspension and a clean 4g63 swap. I have wanted to do one for years.

For real? Were they still endorsed by VW or was it a knockoff copy....or were they building new Bug's out of old parts :D ?

no knockoff actualy real VW Bugs!
VW does sale very different cars in different countrys, so they also sell "old" cars in china and india (not the bug btw.)

I think this isn`t a bad idea at all.
if a car looks good and is good: why changing the whole car?
Damn I wish they would still build 1Gs

opinion on the truck: Damn gayest thing I`ve ever seen!

...OMG!!! haha it took me a few to realize this was an eclipse bumper...i wander what a 2gb talon bumper would turn into...

there is an eclipse around here with a blitz front bumper mounted on the back...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back