The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The right thing to do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Trying to please two friends at the same time can be difficult ... I have a friend that is selling a motor that I know has problems . Another friend wants to buy it . The first friend has told my second friend that the motor is rebuilt and running great which I know is a lie . If I tell the second friend what I know I may lose the first friend and if I don`t tell him I will lose the second friend if he ever finds out I knew the motor was bad... Caught between a rock and a hard place . I am going to tell my first friend he is wrong in telling my second friend the motor is fine and I`m going to tell my send friend the motor is junk BECAUSE... it`s the right think to do ...

Just call the second guy and say "Don't buy it. Make up an excuse about why you can't buy it and do me the favor of leaving it at that."

Yep, I would warn the second friend not to buy it, he doesnt have to tell the other guy why, or have the second friend insist on pulling the pan and checking the bearings and doing a leak down test before buying it.

Frankly the first friend needs a reality check and deserves a little bit of a kick in the ass for trying to drop someone, let alone another friend of yours.

I've had other freinds do this to ppl I didn't know, and I always tell my friends upfront that it's messed up and wrong.

Ultimately whoever's gonna buy the motor is looking at a few grand in parts/labor + possibly months of lost time. Think of it like that; would you rather someone get $300 richer or save somebody $$$$ + months of their life and hard work? I've been in that position, and I can sure as hell tell you, time ain't got no price.

Tell your second buddy the motor is trash.

Well guy`s ... I did tell my friend the motor he wants to buy has problem`s but he went ahead and bought it anyways . Apparently he had some one look at the motor. and he told him it could be repair for under two hundred bucks.. I hear now that the motor internals are some thing special and well worth the cost and price to repair . If he is happy ...the seller is happy ... that makes me happy. and we all drive happily ever after .. The End

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back