The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

the rebirth of the 98 awd spyder after 10 years of storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some parts showed up the other day. 1000cc injectors I got them in a trade. hts 45 and 90 coupler. just need the 45 and they were new on ebay together and I ended up getting them cheaper than just buying a 45 coupler. Also stm s.s. full clutch line it was the only black fri thing I bought.
DSC03965.jpg

got the boost,oil gauges hooked up and the aem wide band hooked up.
ran the oil line through a pair of stock holes in the car
DSC03967.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

I had some extra 3in pipe and 3in couplers laying around so I made a extra pipe to make a cold air intake for the car. It fits though the stock smic hole
DSC03968.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

got the broken bolt out of the tranny so I could mount the shifter cable bracket and get them on. After I got them on and the speed sensor in I got the upper piping on the car.
DSC03969.jpg

It is getting really close now
DSC03971.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
painted the intake pipe in the basement shop last night and used the gas fire place to get it to cure between coats. also cut about 2in off the cold pipe were it comes through in to the bumper the filter was lower than the bumper.
DSC03974.jpg

used some vac hose to make a buffer so it does not rattle on the frame
DSC03975.jpg

intake all back in
DSC03976.jpg

DSC03980.jpg

DSC03979.jpg

You're gunna use the splash gaurd, correct?

You're gunna use the splash gaurd, correct?

yes I am I just have not put any of them back in yet for the front frame rails or the front and rear bumpers. I am going to try to find a non vented splash sheild for the pass side. The one talon I got the rear bumper off of at the junk yard had it but was cracked already

You dont hav to run non-vented ones. The vented ones face the vents downward. So while driveing the water/etc will not go forward into the bumper space.

I know how they are vented. I still have the ones that came on the car in one of the bins so they will go on the car untill I can find a non vented on in the junk yard some day.
the non vented one would be just a bit better with the air filter there and the the fuse box

I forgot about the fusebox.

Does look great though!!!

cut the top off the sub box to give me more room in the trunk. did not want to take it all the way out if I ever want to put some kind of 10in sub in it. It had a 15in flat ppi sub back in the day. just have to make a new floor since the one I have for it is cut out for the sub.
DSC03997.jpg

also took the tan carpet off the front panel and put black carpet on it.
DSC03999.jpg

got the white face over lays installed on the cluster and hvac controls
DSC04000.jpg

now it match's the auto meter and aem gauges
DSC04001.jpg

got all the green led's in the car also
DSC04008.jpg

took out the rear seat belt guides since I took the belts out of the rear years ago and plasti diped them
DSC04002.jpg

Did some cleaning in the garage and found a few parts I will put in the car.
found a set of boston pro 4.5 that will go in the rear. It has boston pro 6.5 in the doors already
DSC04007.jpg

was going to buy a 10in fan for the a/c fan but found one in a box
DSC04005.jpg

also found a set of cam lock black 4pt belts that were in my brother's old talon that I might put in the car. I would have to make a harness bar for them.
DSC04006.jpg

it is nice out today 42 so worked on the car a little bit.
put the 10in fan on. found a boost controler in the garage and drilled a hole in it to bolt it to the radiator. Also reused the old alum amp rack from the car to hold the over flow tank.
IMG_20120131_143522.jpg

IMG_20120131_143530.jpg

IMG_20120131_143816.jpg

IMG_20120131_143830.jpg

both of your builds are awesome, You do great work

I'd love to see finished photos of the front bumper.

Found rims today for the car. Paided 750.00 for them. Just going to plasti dip them for now till I figure out what color I want them powder coated later on. They are rota grind's 17x9 +25 with Dunlap 245/45/17
Takata green just does not look good on the car.
IMG_20120212_150938.jpg

IMG_20120212_150947.jpg

IMG_20120212_151849.jpg

IMG_20120212_151858.jpg

They have a ton more meat on them over the rims that were on it to move around. 18x8 with 215/35/18 LOL
IMG_20120212_151909.jpg

Love that color green haha
they were cheap. They will be plasti dipped as soon as it warms up here.
I got them them for 750.00 then that night I sold the 18's that were on it to roll it around for 200.00. So I think a set of rims and tires with a few thousand miles on them for 550.00 was a steal

had this waiting for me when I got home last night from work.
IMG_20120215_230747.jpg

got it used off of dsmlink for cheap now I have a spare eprom for the spyder.
The rest of the SD parts are going to be here today also

nice tool box. and great build

thanks.
the box is just a torin from costco top and bottom 42in. It also has a craftsman mid drawer with the top torin bolted to it and the bottom box. It also has 2 craftsman side boxs on it. I refused to spend the money a a 2nd snap-on box when my first one a classic 98 with a s.s. and all snap-on,mac,cornwell tools was stolen out of my garage when i was out of town.

the rest of the SD parts showed up from dsmlink yesterday.
IMG_20120217_104613.jpg

4bar map and plug and play harness since I am feeling lazy

Now just waiting for the front diffuser to show up next week.

got it all together this weekend and it would not start. No spark or fuel. The evo 2 (94 dsm) cas was bad so swapped it with the one from the evo. That fixed that problem. The wally 255 would not turn on at all so. Chris stopped by with his spare pump and that fixed the problem.

Yesterday went up to DB and talked to shane and got a good deal on new parts just. Picked up a new wally 255 just have to mod it now and a aremotive afpr since I sold the BR/SX bolt on one.
IMG_20120222_102117.jpg

I did not get time to get them put in yet since we had more things to do then had to call the EMT's at trader joes. Emma turned grey and went limp in the cart. It was scary as hell. She is ok now Craig is going to take her in today.

damn!! that talon was rusted to hell, question for you how much of a pain is it to do a swap to awd??

damn!! that talon was rusted to hell, question for you how much of a pain is it to do a swap to awd??
back in 2000 when I did the swap it took a few days since the car was a auto 2.4 when i bought it brand new. It is really not a pain to do at all. It just takes a little more work to make it look like it was oem and not cut up to make it awd.

really nice build man. how much horse power are you shooting for.?
It is just going to be my D.D. so what ever I can make out of the set up on e85 that is all that it will be. Dont really care about big numbers with the spyder since that is what I have the 1995 evo 3 for

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back