The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

The Rebirth of my 90 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How is that blanket holding up.
i had the same question. Yesterday I removed it and there was like a fiberglassy powder on the manifold. I blew on it and it came off but I think that it will slowly lose its resistance. It seems to be holding up. I wish I checked it with a temp gun when i bought and then tested it as time went on. Its doing its job though.

IMAG0371.jpg
IMAG0370.jpg
IMAG0369.jpg
The O2 housing has Arrived. Now just waiting for the phone call to bring my car to the shop and get the turbo and exhaust parts swapped on. I was told they wanna do a before and after video so that should come soon.

Last edited:
63651_574132509302592_578738530_n.jpg
996014_574513032597873_1070088973_n.jpg
Installed the 16g and the o2 housing I havent got the exhaust on yet that is next. brake master cylinder went out so ill be fixing that today. ill try to be back with a update soon.

Last edited:
IMAG0429.jpg
cleaned up the battery cables and changed the front o2 sensor. Monday i will have The tial bov and stainless steel clutch line along with shiftier bushings.

Last edited:
I Installed the Exhaust along with the stainless clutch line and took her in for a tune. we Made 305hp with that unported ebay 16g. My plan is to get the gsc 2 cams and swap this head I have sitting in my garage and getting me a real turbo. But until I cant afford it this will get me by just fine. :hellyeah:
IMAG0443.jpg
20131128_124953.jpg
IMAG0448.jpg
IMAG0454.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg

Last edited:
so I'm in a pickle right now blew my dip stick when i was doing a freeway pull... Pulled off the exit and hood caught on fire.. thank god i caught it instantly and had my car hart jacket which was definitely the best Christmas present i've ever had. I guess I had to much crank case pressure so I ordered a catch can to see if that will help. Ill be deleteing the PVC Valve and using that vacume for my blow off valve, the Blow off valve vacume Ill use for my speed density. Ill see what this does for me I also ordered so new engine mounts. before I can make anymore power I wanna make sure this issue is resolved. I still need to buy a battery cut off and put it on the outside of my truck so I can hit the dragstrip too... so much work so little time :ohdamn:
10246680_10152425882553474_762873921_n.jpg

Last edited:
Little Update I removed the PCV from my valve cover and i put in a straight fitting and ran that to a JM FAB Catch can. I took the BOV Vacuum Port from IM and ran that to my Speed density and took the "T" Off my AFPR. I took the Larger Port On the IM and ran that to my BOV. my next step is tapping a hole into my Air intake and running that to the catch can to create a vacuum for my ccp. I did a lot of reading and it looks like this is one of the best ways to set your catch can up. I hope that this will prevent future dipstick issues. I also have some New engine mounts I need to put but haven't found time yet, its hard working 60 hours a week, taking care of your kid, and then finding time to wrench on your car. :idontknow:
I saw a few of my exhaust manifold bolts look like the stretched and i torqued them up a bit and one of them snapped off too. Ill take some pictures of my catch can set up right now Its just using regular lines but I plan on getting a nice powered coated valve cover with -an fittings and braided lines. So other then that nothing new just hope I dont catch her on fire again :)

Defiantly not the cleanest catch can get up but I did it for under 100$ so it will get me by I hope the intake pulls all those gases through my exhaust .
IMAG0267.jpg
IMAG0268.jpg
IMAG0271.jpg

Last edited:
So the car has been parked for almost a month now and the weathers getting nice. I miss driving her but she needs a break from my abuse... I still haven't yet installed my engine mounts which it needs bad. I have a ton of vibration going on and It drives me crazy. The exhaust leak from the manifold isn't helping either. So I guess my next step will be mounts, ARP Manifold studs, set up my oil feed from filter housing and get a FP green. I do want to tare my engine down but I think it would be cheaper to just drive it for a while until the engine starts failing then do a rebuild. things were so much cheaper when I was under 300HP now its getting expensive.

Good thing the stick came out, or the main seals would have blown out on each end of the crank.

If that would have happened, you would have been in a serious pickle due to the sudden loss of oil in the crankcase.

Interesting to see someone care enough on using an exhaust shield (the blanket) so it doesn't burn up the hood due to the heat the manifold emits under turbo power.

Good luck - DSM

Good thing the stick came out, or the main seals would have blown out on each end of the crank.

If that would have happened, you would have been in a serious pickle due to the sudden loss of oil in the crankcase.

Interesting to see someone care enough on using an exhaust shield (the blanket) so it doesn't burn up the hood due to the heat the manifold emits under turbo power.

Good luck - DSM
Exhaust temps are no joke I don't know understand why anyone would drive without something. I going to get a new heat shield probably from buscar racing there around 100$ if the dipstick blows and oils on your exhaust it can catch fire very fast if I didn't have my shield on my car probably wouldnt be in the same condition.

Ran a 0 Gauge wire from the trunk to the hood into a 80Amp Fuse block, I haven't connected it to anything yet but I will be connect it to the Alternator and the other end to my breaker then from the breaker to a cut off switch so i can get down to the drags again.
IMAG0306.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg

Last edited:
Cut my power steering pump bracket a bit so I don't need to remove it when I take off my manifold. I want to cut down that engine mount bracket too but ill do that when I replace my top end.
IMAG0316.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back