The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The PTE 6262 Turbo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do u have to change springs n retainers?? You have duels right??

Why do u have to change springs n retainers?? You have duels right??

Yes i have duals but i keep seen that every body that has those cams, also use there springs. So i dont know if i should take a chance on not changing them, idk im just saying. You guys have more experience then me, i just go buy parts and put it on the car! Whats the best route for me?

Gsc3 n a tune and call it a day!!! Well get u setup with a tune if u want!!!

It'll be worth it man!!!

Here's a good stroker cam for your setup. Sell your cams an maybe be out of pocket $100. Is agree your street core is kinda on the edge for the power you should be making but rather than upgrading to a larger core, I'd pick up a cheap used meth injection kit. The results will be way more worth the money. Aside from that, I'd say one of the best things you could do to help at your level, is switch from maf to s/d and go to a good tuner. These 3 things I guarantee, you'll see a huge jump in power. I'd even go as far to say close to 100whp could be picked up running under 30psi.

ECMTuning User Support Forums

Here's a good stroker cam for your setup. Sell your cams an maybe be out of pocket $100. Is agree your street core is kinda on the edge for the power you should be making but rather than upgrading to a larger core, I'd pick up a cheap used meth injection kit. The results will be way more worth the money. Aside from that, I'd say one of the best things you could do to help at your level, is switch from maf to s/d and go to a good tuner. These 3 things I guarantee, you'll see a huge jump in power. I'd even go as far to say close to 100whp could be picked up running under 30psi.

ECMTuning User Support Forums

Which cams are you talking about? I agree about the ic, I know I have to change that for sure, I love my ic but I know is kind of small.

Did you click on the link? It's a set of custom billet delta cams in 274 duration, which imo, is perfect for a 2.3. They're supposedly slightly more aggressive than the kelford billet 272 grinds. $325 obo. I would do that, buy the meth kit from slow91, and convert to SD with a good tune from a reputable tuner. Plenty of them around you. Your piping isn't holding you back. Also, what t4 manifold are you running and is it divided? If its not, is there any reason you didn't go t3 or divided t4? I've seen low power quite a few times on our motors with open t4 for some reason. That's also your main contributor to lag. I'd bet anything if you were on a .82 t3 or divided .91 t4 with a properly built ts divided manifold, you'd be making more power and much sooner. I wouldn't step down in a/r from where you're at though I believe by doing the 3 things I listed, you'll get where you should be. There's def room in the tune because you should be able to run well beyond 28psi on c16. In the future if you ever do change hardware, I would definitely do either t3 for anything under 800whp and true twinscroll divided t4 over 800. I'd work with what u got for now though as there's a lot left on the table right now.

Grab the 10.5 race core and get some 280 duration cams.
I run the t4 6262 .58 on 2.0 with the above and I do not have dyno numbers but I know it makes quite a bit more than what you posted. Spool is about the same it is slow. You should be quite a bit faster spool than me on a 2.3l. I am at the 5.5k at 32psi. The car pulls crazy hard. Link est. 560hp

Did you click on the link? It's a set of custom billet delta cams in 274 duration, which imo, is perfect for a 2.3. They're supposedly slightly more aggressive than the kelford billet 272 grinds. $325 obo. I would do that, buy the meth kit from slow91, and convert to SD with a good tune from a reputable tuner. Plenty of them around you. Your piping isn't holding you back. Also, what t4 manifold are you running and is it divided? If its not, is there any reason you didn't go t3 or divided t4? I've seen low power quite a few times on our motors with open t4 for some reason. That's also your main contributor to lag. I'd bet anything if you were on a .82 t3 or divided .91 t4 with a properly built ts divided manifold, you'd be making more power and much sooner. I wouldn't step down in a/r from where you're at though I believe by doing the 3 things I listed, you'll get where you should be. There's def room in the tune because you should be able to run well beyond 28psi on c16. In the future if you ever do change hardware, I would definitely do either t3 for anything under 800whp and true twinscroll divided t4 over 800. I'd work with what u got for now though as there's a lot left on the table right now.

I have the t4 divided tubular manifold from maperformance. I went with the t4 6262 because I got a good deal on the manifold, but knowing the outcome of it. But in reality I ordered the wrong turbo because my guy never told me which a/r housing to get so been that it was the same price I went ahead and got that size..
I would look into the link you sent me when I get home, and I would also try the other 2 options you telling me. Also I know that the housing on the turbo is not divided, so I don't know if that would be another problem, only the .91 comes like that

I would get bigger cams for sure and then try a .58 T4, it should spool equal to the T3 .82 ar. Also why are you only revving to 7k?

I would get bigger cams for sure and then try a .58 T4, it should spool equal to the T3 .82 ar. Also why are you only revving to 7k?

I'm definitely gonna get the gsc3 and get the .58 a/r like the guy told me at pte.. I could rev the car to 8500 rpm, but on that graft the tuner only rev to 7k. He told it won't be too much of a difference if he go all the way to 8500rpm

I think youre going in the wrong direction, but its your car. Why do you feel you need s3's with a 62mm turbo and on a stroker at that? S2's would be perfect for you. The s3's are suited to 67mm+ and 9k+...neither of which are for your setup. THEN you want to choke your topend, where the s3's need to breath the most. I've already said what I think you should do though....

Post a log.

I will post a log tonight, but it would only be at idle because someone blocking my garage door...

Here is the log...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Can someone please take a look at this log, I'm sure something is wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing the threads you find when bored on a Friday night LOL, good info in here :thumb:. I have the BB T3 .82 A/R with 3" V-Band discharge and anti-surge compressor cover with a built in restrictor. Been through a lot with this turbo, over a year ago I bought what was advertised as a new ball bearing unit. Had it installed and fed from the head, made a 500 mile trip on it and that was the end of that. It started making pinging noises as it was oil starved :cry:. Sent the turbo to Precision for a rebuild and they confirmed it was a Journal Bearing unit not a Ball Bearing :mad:. They were willing to repair it for a real low price considering I had no warranty since I bought it second hand but I chose to have it converted to Ball Bearing. They also told me that the turbo should be fed from the OFH on either bearing setup. Months and a new engine build later the turbo is now back on the car as of a month ago. If it wasn't for a slight overheating issue that's been kicking my ass for the past couple of weeks :banghead: I'd have been out kicking some ass and taking some names. I had a goal of 600awhp on pump 93 but even with all the setup I have I believe I may fall just short. Hopefully the overheating issue gets solved quickly and I can contribute to the thread more with my power numbers :pray:.

____Kurt____ I'm liking your setup, hopefully you have no issues with it and "bastard dsm" nice numbers :thumb:.

Just ordered a ptp lava turbo blanket for this thing. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back