The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The PTE 6262 Turbo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting. I knew Jim made the top mount v band manifold for the Tial v band housing but not for the PTE housing. I thought Shearerfab was the only one doing PTE manifolds. How much did you pay for your JMFab if I may inquire?

Special order ;) it was part of the group buy. Significantly less than bought on a website. Call Jim and talk to him if interested in one but wait will be pretty bad. I ordered mine in beginning of feb. And got it Monday.

Just got my JMF manifolds in. Looking good.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just absolutely beutiful:cool:

Is it just me or does that exhaust housing look abnormally small? It's a .82 ar but I'm guessing it looks so small is because its vband and the flange is already circular instead of rectangular into circular.

Is it just me or does that exhaust housing look abnormally small? It's a .82 ar but I'm guessing it looks so small is because its vband and the flange is already circular instead of rectangular into circular.

Actually I noticed the same thing. To me it looks like the entire scroll is narrow. I don't have the answer for it though.
Usually the a/r ratio is right in the surface of the casting - it's molded in - so you can read it off the housing. Is yours like that?

if some of u didnt know, i dynoed 575@34 pump/meth with a lifted head,

Holy crap batsman!!!! I can't wait to get mine in now!!!!

Most people post! I need as much motivation as possible LOL.

i ran the 6262 journal and now running the ball bearing turbo with oil fed from the ofh with no issues. used -4 for journal 6262 with no restrictor and oil pressure is 85psi hot at 8k rpm. with my bb 6262 im using the built in restrictor that comes on the turbo and using a -3 line from ofh and i dont have any issues at all. i made 560hp on 93oct @ 26PSI on my stock block 6bolt using a 7bolt head and evo3 intake manny.

here is a older dyno sheet on pump before i fixed my ignition issue.

Wow 560 on pump! That's some nice numbers, what was afrs, knock, airflow, ect...?

A/fs were 11.8 and timming was around 12deg at 7k+ rpm, it was 60deg out when i did that and im using ems2 and msd dis4.

I ran the journal bearing 6262 before switching too the bb unit. Put about 15k miles on it before selling it and its still going strong.

Hey guys. I wanted to comment on my t4 6262 with 68a/r.. I dynoed my car yesterday with some really bad result, according to the guy that tune the car, He saids that the turbo is too laggy! I have a 2.3 stroker with a lot of goodies, how could i only make 460hp at 28psi :hmm: i dont know what else to do. Almost 2 years working around with this car and noting..

Mods:
2.3 wiseco 9:1 stroker pistom
.020 manley I rods
100mm eagle crankshaft
272/264hks cams
si dual springs and retainers
si nitride valve
bronze guide

Please help me out guys....

Last edited by a moderator:
hey man, im on the t3 6262 .82ar, built 2.0, i did have the t3.68, had i had no issues with the lag at all, with the .68 i was full spool by 4500, i dont know much about the 2.3s but id imagine that they would help the turbo spool quicker, are u on 93 pump gas/ i was on 93 pump with meth t3.68 and put down 575@34 lbs, u may wanna see if pte will switch u out with a t3, if your not on meth, that maybe an option for you. ive got a meth kit for sale too. im running race gas now

hey man, im on the t3 6262 .82ar, built 2.0, i did have the t3.68, had i had no issues with the lag at all, with the .68 i was full spool by 4500, i dont know much about the 2.3s but id imagine that they would help the turbo spool quicker, are u on 93 pump gas/ i was on 93 pump with meth t3.68 and put down 575@34 lbs, u may wanna see if pte will switch u out with a t3, if your not on meth, that maybe an option for you. ive got a meth kit for sale too. im running race gas now

Im running race gas c16.. I spoke to someone in pte today and he said that the only thing i could is switching to the 58a/r since i already have the t4 manifold, he said it would help with the spool up. But that he seen cars making peak boost around 5500 rpm on the same turbo, so it would only make me think that i might need bigger cams. IDK he also said that by switching to the 58a/r is about been like the t3 with .82a/r

cams would definatly help but damn 460@28. im no expert but that seems kinda low to me, whats the tune like. timing wise. afrs wot throttle? im not bashing on nobody at any means but ill talk to my tuner/builder and see what he thinks. you never know, throw u a set of better cams in and it could make that turbo come alive!!! did the power change, from 24 to 28 lbs. what intake manifold, ect. give us some specific info on ## setup. what software u using to tune also

cams would definatly help but damn 460@28. im no expert but that seems kinda low to me, whats the tune like. timing wise. afrs wot throttle? im not bashing on nobody at any means but ill talk to my tuner/builder and see what he thinks. you never know, throw u a set of better cams in and it could make that turbo come alive!!! did the power change, from 24 to 28 lbs. what intake manifold, ect. give us some specific info on ## setup. what software u using to tune also

Trust me i know its slow.. Ill tell you the truth, is been very hard for me to find someone that could ecmlink for me near by. Everybody is about 3-4 hours away, so they guy that is tuning for me is a haltech guy. He doesnt know much about this system, tricks and all the good things ecmlink has to offer. I dont know much about the tuning, but from what he was telling. AFR was around 10.5-11 and timing 23 degree been that i use race gas... Ill tried to get an idle log of the car so you guys could see what he did, maybe that would show you guys what type of tuning he did...

Here is everything i have on the motor:
2.3 Stroker, Wiseco 9:1 piston,0.20 Manley I beam,Eagle 100mm crankshaft,Kiggle main girdle,ACL bearings, Fluidampr Damper, Bshaft remove,ARP head studs,3 angle valve job,Custom sheet metal intake manifold,SI dual springs and retainers,SI nitride valves,272/264 HKS,T4 tubular manifold, Precision turbo jb billet wheel 6262 with 68a/r,ACT 6 puck,ACT 2600 pressure plate,Fidanza flywheel,AEM wideband,3" downpipe,FIC 1450,Walbro pump and bosch 044 inline,ecmlink,MAF,FMIC,

Trust me i know its slow.. Ill tell you the truth, is been very hard for me to find someone that could ecmlink for me near by. Everybody is about 3-4 hours away, so they guy that is tuning for me is a haltech guy. He doesnt know much about this system, tricks and all the good things ecmlink has to offer. I dont know much about the tuning, but from what he was telling. AFR was around 10.5-11 and timing 23 degree been that i use race gas... Ill tried to get an idle log of the car so you guys could see what he did, maybe that would show you guys what type of tuning he did...

Here is everything i have on the motor:
2.3 Stroker, Wiseco 9:1 piston,0.20 Manley I beam,Eagle 100mm crankshaft,Kiggle main girdle,ACL bearings, Fluidampr Damper, Bshaft remove,ARP head studs,3 angle valve job,Custom sheet metal intake manifold,SI dual springs and retainers,SI nitride valves,272/264 HKS,T4 tubular manifold, Precision turbo jb billet wheel 6262 with 68a/r,ACT 6 puck,ACT 2600 pressure plate,Fidanza flywheel,AEM wideband,3" downpipe,FIC 1450,Walbro pump and bosch 044 inline,ecmlink,MAF,FMIC,

Something is deff missing in your setup. Our initial parts list is fairly close to being the same. I am making 508 on 25.5psi with a 6262 .82 A/R. Also I have bigger cams and manifold. But i feel there is more in your setup to be had.

Drew. R

Something is deff missing in your setup. Our initial parts list is fairly close to being the same. I am making 508 on 25.5psi with a 6262 .82 A/R. Also I have bigger cams and manifold. But i feel there is more in your setup to be had.

Drew. R

I wish i knew bro.. One of the things i could probably think is that my ic pipes are 2.5 with an ets street cooler, i really dont know what else to look at. I really dont wanna keep throwing money in the air buying things to make this work and noting makes a difference

We also seen lots of knocks and he tried everything he could do to fixed the problem and noting work. So he had to adjust the knocks setting so it would only activated at like 8000 rpm because the knocks were taking timing away! But like i mention before, he dont know much about ECM

Man get u a set of cams and a good tune and you'll be satisfied!!! Our parts man can get some good deals. I would go with kelford 280s or gcs2 or 3s hell even bc280s would do fine

Man get u a set of cams and a good tune and you'll be satisfied!!! Our parts man can get some good deals. I would go with kelford 280s or gcs2 or 3s hell even bc280s would do fine

I was thinking gsc 3 but then i have to change springs and reatiners and i dont have all that money right now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back