The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The possible end of an era for Red Demon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nothing but respect for you. Very sorry to hear about the RD, but very happy you are okay!

Well on the post on fb about the bidding on the fender and bumper they announced the return of the red demon!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226-224029_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191226-224029_Facebook.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 233
I saw it last night too. :sneaky:

Thank you guys so much for the support, and the kind words. I've appreciated seeing how much this car has impacted so many in the community, both on the import and domestic sides. I ran the RD because I just loved it, the records just happened to come with it. I'm glad the car inspired so many of you, and am honored by the out pour of support and the memories shared with all. And hopefully the RD 2.0 will do the same. :D

Black'98 DSM.......Did you see the pass before the crash (215mph)? The car was dead straight. Anyone who races as much as I do, is going to have something happen eventually. Since the crash I looked at the car and the left rear spindle is broken at the lower control arm mount as well as the toe arm........ the left rear wheel never hit the wall. I also lost steering of the car long before the front of the car hit the wall. sh** Broke.

An AWD car will always skate down the track when its on the edge of traction, because your steering wheels are also spinning. Aaron G, Mike W, Section 8 (civic) and a lot of the top AWD guys have all hit the wall. Sheps in car video of the 7.70.....he was all over the place. You should disrespect them as well if you're going to make those kinds of statements.

Motomattx........ "the red what"......."surprised it took this long for it to EAT A WALL". Keep sipping your haterade, as you hit replay on my videos. :thumb:

Thanks again to the entire community. Your love and support means a lot to me.
Devin
Saw an update from Boostin on FB, not sure if they're planning to document Red Demon V2 here via a Build Thread or not... just in case, here's their last update:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3550767131665161&type=3

The guy just totaled his car and you have keyboard warriors typing away stuff that they’d never say in person to the guy. I’d be annoyed af too. Good percentage of us including myself have no clue how fast these cars are and the skill it takes to get down the track.

The guy just totaled his car and you have keyboard warriors typing away stuff that they’d never say in person to the guy. I’d be annoyed af too. Good percentage of us including myself have no clue how fast these cars are and the skill it takes to get down the track.
Those replies were from months back, and the people in question already mentioned no disrespect was intended. ;)

Those replies were from months back, and the people in question already mentioned no disrespect was intended. ;)

No disrespect but I’m gonna disrespect you anyway :notgood:. That’s the I see it. Sorry not sorry :idontknow:

No disrespect but I’m gonna disrespect you anyway :notgood:. That’s the I see it. Sorry not sorry :idontknow:
It's hard to judge intent or how people will react or take what was said. I didn't really read their comments as knocks against Devin's driving or the build of the car, but I can understand how some would. They mentioned they saw the car going all over the place, and as a result, they were not surprised to see a crash. I don't know what videos they watched that made them think that, but expressing that perception isn't necessarily disrespectful in and of itself.

With that said, I went ahead and removed some of the posts that "might" be perceived as disrespectful in an effort to keep this thread going in a positive direction. Having people arguing over any disrespect, intended or not, takes away from the fact that Devin crashed, we're sad to see the car gone, we're happy that he's okay, we're excited to see RDV2 being worked on, and we hope to see Boostin create a build thread for the car here to document the build so that we can follow along with the journey in a way wouldn't be able to on FB.

It's hard to judge intent or how people will react to take what was said. I didn't really read their comments as knocks against Devin's driving or the build of the car, but I can understand how some would. They mentioned they saw the car going all over the place, and as a result, they were not surprised to see a crash. I don't know what videos they watched that made them think that, but expressing that perception isn't necessarily disrespectful in and of itself.

With that said, I went ahead and removed some of the posts that "might" be perceived as disrespectful in an effort to keep this thread going in a positive direction. Having people arguing over any disrespect, intended or not, takes away from the fact that Devin crashed, we're sad to see the car gone, we're happy that he's okay, we're excited to see RDV2 being worked on, and we hope to see Boostin create a build thread for the car here to document the build so that we can follow along with the journey in a way wouldn't be able to on FB.

I agree with you for the most part. For me, I treat the internet a little differently though. If I’m not going to say something to you in person, I’m not saying it. We’d all like for Devin to do well and also take time out of his busy day to post here, but you can clearly tell he was annoyed. He wouldn’t have mentioned it if it didn’t. We’re suppose to be a community. Just need to be more cautious on how it comes across on the internet.

I agree with you for the most part. For me, I treat the internet a little differently though. If I’m not going to say something to you in person, I’m not saying it. We’d all like for Devin to do well and also take time out of his busy day to post here, but you can clearly tell he was annoyed. He wouldn’t have mentioned it if it didn’t. We’re suppose to be a community. Just need to be more cautious on how it comes across on the internet.
I’m the same way. I try not to say anything online that I wouldn’t say in person.

I get that Devin was a bit annoyed by the comments of a couple people in this thread but that’s no good reason for him to NOT post build updates here on the site. If those two members (or others) were to post those same type of comments on FB would Devin stop posting build updates on FB too? How about Youtube? Certainly not. Alienating a forum full of DSMers because of what a couple members posted doesn’t make much sense - nearly all of our members support Devin/Boostin and would love to see him interact with the members here more. The actions and views of a few in this community do not represent the rest of the members any more here than they do on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc. It's a diverse group of members with different opinions, always has been.

Hopefully we get to see a build thread here for RDV2. This is where a build thread for a car like that belongs. Can't really follow along or catch up on the build on social media like you can in a forum.

I’m the same way. I try not to say anything online that I wouldn’t say in person.

I get that Devin might have been annoyed by the comments of a couple people here but that’s no reason to not post build updates here. If those two (or others) were to post those same thoughts on FB would Devin not post build updates on FB? How about Youtube? Alienating an entire community where DSMers hang out because of what a couple people in that community think doesn’t make much sense. The actions and views of a few don’t necessarily represent the rest of the members here, just as they don’t on FB, IG, Youtube, etc.

You’re right. Can’t agree with you more.

For those who don't visit FB (can't blame you), looks like Red Demon V2 is coming along... still wish Boostin would create a vehicle profile and build thread for it here on the forum:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Same here, that would be great to see a build thread for this car. It's gonna be awesome.

I got a question on roll cage requirements/chassis certifications for uni-body cars. This is based on seeing how Devin did the floor bars in his car.

https://sfifoundation.com/drag-racing-chassis/

Based on the above link for full bodied cars do our cars go by:

7.5 - 8.49 ET: SFI Spec 25.5D
6.5 - 7.49 ET: SFI Spec 25.3C

I ask as I see people say they put a 25.2 spec cage in their car but that's for tube chassis cars only as far as I understand it. Granted I could have read through all the specs and parsed them out I guess... LOL. Thanks.

If they posted the build thread here, all DSMers could easily follow along and also go back and read through it later too, since it will be archived. By only posting the updates on FB, that will be impossible to do later. :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back