The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Guys I'm currently looking into purchasing my first dsm! I was wondering if you could help me out with what i should look for on this 1997 eagle talon tsi awd (Such as bargaining points for myself or what to look out for/inspect when checking it out/test driving) Here's the link: Click Me! Some things that would help with your input are that the car has appx. 140k miles on the chassis and it says that it has 100 miles on new 2g block with 1g head. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. I curtainly own a gs non turbo, I am in army at the moment and got some extra money to spend and came across this gst for 2000 on Craigslist 96 Gst eclipse
Want to know if its a good deal or not, pictures look fine, Only thing I seen wrong was just need new seats in front. But how much trouble will I get from car having bad map sensor? An the rely switch? An is the gst worth 2,000

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. I curtainly own a gs non turbo, I am in army at the moment and got some extra money to spend and came across this gst for 2000 on Craigslist 96 Gst eclipse
Want to know if its a good deal or not, pictures look fine, Only thing I seen wrong was just need new seats in front. But how much trouble will I get from car having bad map sensor? An the rely switch? An is the gst worth 2,000
I just bought a 96 GS-T with over 200,000 for $1500. I KBB'd the car and i marked everything i could at poor and the car still came out being worth 2,600. it is gutted in the interior. the only think it has is the console with the gauges and the engine is in prestine conditon. in regards to the map sensor and relay switches i am not to sure what to say. if the car runs great and is driveable and mechanically strong i would pick it up but try to offer like $1600 alkways start low money talks.

BTW hello from Millington, TN not to far from you.

well the MAP sensor is for fuel mileage for the most part, but i am not sure what the car would do if it didnt work. and relays are easy to replace and relatively cheap. most likely ignition relays i am assuming? relplacing relays and the MAP sensor is not difficult, but the price i am unsure about.

It's not a bad deal if that is all that is really wrong with it. As for the MAP sensor you can replace that really easy and you can get them from a supporting vendor on here like STM or a local auto parts.

I prefer texts over calls, because I have unlimited texts.

As for the gst, IMO wait for a better deal. I barely sold my 95 gst for 1800 and it was almost in mint condition, and bought couple AWD 2gb for under 2k.

ok i got him to 1900 for car now, Worth it? cars not in bad shape either, just leather seats are pealed in front but backs are perfect and 2 fenders were faded thats about it and it comes with a carbon fiber hood. An 119k miles on it

My neighbor is selling his 1996 talons tsi for 600 he said it spun a rod bearing but it has new tore brakes and a clutch. Is this a good deal? I am a fairly good mechanic and am familiar with rebuilding engines and my uncle is gonna be lending a hand he is real big in the 240s. Should i go for it?

It all depends on if your looking for a project. The price does'nt seem bad if it's in good condition. Are there any other mods on the car or is it stock? Maybe try to get some pictures on here so we can see what the body and every thing looks like.

If you have the skills and knowlage to pull and rebuild an engine I say go for it..

But milage and body condition, are a factor in that..If there is 300k miles and the car is a rust bucket..Iwouldn't pay that for it, unless it was going to be my winter beater..

Well the body has 223k on it and he's not sire about the engine the only supermarket MODS are a full exhaust and a ricer spoiler

*aftermarket sorry about all the misspelling I'm on my new Droid

Check the strut towers and rocker panels. (they are the major rust spots to go first on these things) if they are good I would take it. Or yeah you could part it out. I hate that option though. Seems like such a waste of a good car....:(

Make sure you look for the cancer. Thats rust on rear wheel wells- front too, Rust under the doors along the rocker (spot where you jack the up ;) ) Rust on strut towers. Also this area is must whe buying a vechile, lower radiator support( all you do is look under the front bumper).

If its rust free, I would buy it. It would be a fun project during the winter. :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back