The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, lets see what my DSM is worth.

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Automatic Transmission
Grey Leather Interior (Very good condition)
White Exterior with White Wheels. For it being a Michigan car its entire life, its 90% rust free. (One small visible spot on the exterior thats smaller than a dollar bill folded in half)
1138xx Miles
3 Owner Car.

Fresh Engine Rebuild, (Rings, Bearings, Freeze Plugs, Head Decked, New Headbolts, All Gaskets replaced, ETC... )
Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit,
New Water Pump (Lifetime Warranty)
New Timing belt and associated pulleys,
BLE Solid Tensioner,
14b Turbo with 0 Shaft Play,
550 Injectors
Walbro 255lph (Uninstalled, Brand New)
ETC

The Pictures are beyond crappy, but they will have to do for now. (I'll Try and get better ones)
They were all taken during the rebuild.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Since it was driven in salty winters, a few hundred $.

94 Talon TSI AWD
Small 16G
Let's say 130k miles
3" exhaust
FMIC (diy piping)
Clutchmasters FX300 (which went out a few days after I bought it)
16" steelies with Bridgestone Blizzaks. It was his winter beater

NO RUST :) Missing a couple of the Talon trim panels but i have them, just gotta paint and install. Also have 17" GSX wheels I got at MOD for it.

I paid $1500. Came with an Ostrich EPROM Emulator and also a Burner for EPROM's. Innovate LC1 wideband as well...

Post pics of the under body & we'll see about the rust.

[QUOTE="G";152109665]Since it was driven in salty winters, a few hundred $.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear after I just dumped $1200 of parts into it. :ohdamn:

this?
96 talon tsi turbo

i asked
"a few questions.
miles on chassis? miles on motor?
auto or stick?
what turbo?
AWD or FWD?"

he said
"108000 on body i dont know on motor it looks nice on the inside though its a 5 speed stock turbo its a 1g turbo (spools faster) FWD"

theres also this
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/1595283779.html

Last edited:
well, i have decided to get rid of my dsm. im just not liking how everytime i take it for a ride something goes wrong with it. i was wondering if someone could help me with a price that i should sell my car, as to you guys would have a greater appreciation for a gsx than other people.

the car has 114,000 on the body, 7000 on the motor

mods are:
6 bolt swap- .020 overbore, 14b turbo, 2g ceramic coated and ported exaust manifold/ o2 housing. evoIII 560cc injectors walbro 190 injen cold air full 3 inch exaust turbo xs bov nxs mbc upgraded SMIC hard intercooler piping, apexi megaphone dunk muffler, afc neo brand prosport gauges: wideband a/f ratio boost oil pressure autometer water temp, shepard racing stage 3 transmission, act2100 clutch, 16" american racing rims.

the car has no rust on the body, only a little on the passanger strut tower.

anyone that could help me by giving their opinon on how much its worth would be much appreciated.

kyle
(sorry these ar the only 2 pics i got of the car)

$3500 if you leave out the "everytime I take it for a ride something goes wrong with it" part.

Sorry I can not help you. Hate to see some one else droping out of dsms. But then again I treat my dsms as toys. I learned long ago not to dd a turbo dsm. Wish I still had my 94 1.8 dd LOL.

yeah dont get me wrong there fun cars, i love the look of them. this is deffinetly not my last dsm, but this point in time i need something that wont leave me with holes in my pockets.

Instead of selling it we could take it on the lake before it melts, do some AWD donuts and what not, then take it back into the marsh, and let it sink come spring.

Comon, fish would love that little hiding spot.

oh fersure if i got money to sink that ####er, id be all for it ahahah

I'm considering selling my car and i'm just curious as to what you guys think i could get for it. It's a 1998 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd. All stock under the hood besides a K&N FIPK. New clutch master cylinder, spark plugs/wires (NGK), front tires, brakes all around, kenwood head unit, black carpet, black headliner. 5-speed manual. Runs great, shifts great. Grey leather, power drivers seat. 150k miles. Black on grey leather. Just curious as to what you guys think i could get for the car. Thanks.

Im looking at trying to get into DSMs. I like this to be a cheap start at something that Im sure will grow into an addiction. But I like to start small and somewhat cheap. I noticed most 2gs are out of the range I wanting to spend, so it looks 1g are the way to go; plus I have a bias to liking the 1gs anyway. Ive looked and looked and it not coming up good. Plus I like to have one thats running so I can get it home for TLC; not someone saying "if I replace or repair X part, then it could run".

However I found a 1g Talon TSi AWD on craiglist locally:

Eagle talon Tsi

I dont care about the interior for now or the paint. I stern on getting a AWD model and this has been the best I can find in my budget (under 2.5k).

So for the aged and/or wise guru, does this seem sound? I think its a tad high considering the paint, interior, and mystery idle issue he claims.

Thinking about selling my 1990 Talon TSI AWD, wondering what it would go for. This was the red 1g Talon that was featured on the front of MachV's webpage about 1/2 a year ago.

117k miles
2g exhaust manifold w/ stainless steel studs
93/94 front brake upgrade
3g lifters
Free mods (hacked airbox / boost control solinoid)
2 sets of wheels (Milli Migla 5-spokes w/ bad tires, 2g Talon swirlies painted black w/ brand new tires)

Tons of recent maintenance (within last 10k miles):
-Timing belt / balance shaft belt, TB tensioners / pulleys, water pump, all oil seals on upper and timing side of motor, power steering pump rebuild, all new rubber brake lines, low mileage alternator, thermostat, new brake pads all around, new struts front and rear, front wheel bearings, front axles, all fluids replaced.

Car runs and drives 100%, would not hesitate to jump into it and drive it anywhere in the US. Trans shifts great, engine runs great, clutch grabs 100% and feels awesome.

Paint is a 5 out of 10 (some pealing clear, hood poorly spray bombed), body is a 7 out of 10 (cosmetic dents on pass door and right rear fender as pictured, but no structural previous accidents and NO RUST.)

how much should I try and sell my 1995 eagle talon tsi awd for?

-149k on body, 5 spd, new tires, fresh brakes, all new timing components, slightly modded, spun rod bearing, clean motor. Mods listed in profile.

Theres a guy around here that sold his thats very similiar to yours for 2500...and another one for 1500...It all depends to the person with the money. I would say start high and work from there. After all everyone thinks their own car is worth a ton...GLWS if you are in fact selling it

Theres a guy around here that sold his thats very similiar to yours for 2500...and another one for 1500...It all depends to the person with the money. I would say start high and work from there. After all everyone thinks their own car is worth a ton...GLWS if you are in fact selling it

To the above poster, kbb isn't really accurate because mine has a spun rod bearing and other stuff done to it.

And yea i was thinking around 2k but I will prob advertise 2.5 just in case. and whats GLWS?

Ok then after looking through your mods I can say I wouldn't pay more than 1500, but that's me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back