The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bought a 95 gsx 140k 7 bolt wondering what its worth. no rust or major accidents a fender bender front impact a few years back all fixed.
Mods cf hood needs clear coat. Lowered unknown how apexi super avcr 3in exhaust greedy turbo timer loud bov fmic not sure of any other mods kinda took a chance.as I've been waiting to get my hands on a gsx not many that run around here. Its to me but just wondering your opinions thanks.

Bought a 95 gsx 140k 7 bolt wondering what its worth. no rust or major accidents a fender bender front impact a few years back all fixed.
Mods cf hood needs clear coat. Lowered unknown how apexi super avcr 3in exhaust greedy turbo timer loud bov fmic not sure of any other mods kinda took a chance.as I've been waiting to get my hands on a gsx not many that run around here. Its to me but just wondering your opinions thanks.

Is it worth buying? Here's the link to his ad..

97 Eclipse GS-T

I have already test driven it, and I like it. Only bad thing is 3rd gear. Rest of the gears are solid, and shifts fine from 2nd to 4th. I have him at $4000, everything included. Yes or no?

Happy Driving :thumb:

Whatsup everyone,
I'm looking to buy my third car and first dsm... Lost Boyz Auto Sales they are looking to get 6900 but I could get it for 6k it has 110000 miles completely stock I am mainly just concerned about the milage would the car be decently reliable with 110k and when do the turbos usually blow on them and when do timing belts need to be done etc... anything that usually goes around this milage that I should make sure is done? Thanks

T-belts are about every 60k. So in 10k miles or so you would be looking at having it done. Its been awhile since I was in the DSM game so I don't want to give you false information about the lifespan of the turbo. However my 1G with about 130k on it had pretty minimal shaft play. It would really depend on the previous owners. Best to pop the intake off and check out the shaft play. That is usually a good sign as to the condition of the turbo. In/out and up/down. I think there's a DSM buyer's guide on the site somewhere.

Thanks for the info! Going to look at the car again tonight and if that checks out I will more than likely get it, pretty friggin pumped, been wanting one for a while, can't wait to get into the dsm game!

Been a long time. been out of the game for a long time and looking to pick a 1g up.

here are the stats what do ya think its worth?

91 eagle talon TSI AWD 5 speed
never modified all stock
head was replaced 20,000 miles ago. after t belt went (all stock)
very clean, very straight, no rust, no clear coat fade.
solid engine and trany

what do they go for now?

I just bought this 1995 mitsubishi eclipse gst for 3800. It has 86000 miles almost mint everything. Regular tape deck head unit cloth seats. Only upgrades are injen intake and a 1g bov. I honestly don't even know what these do but it was the cleanest dsm I found around the pittsburgh area for what I had to spend. Also it is automatic. I would have liked a gsx but for what I had to spend they were all beat on and too upgraded for me. Was it worth what I paid?

I know many people who would kill to find what you found. Even if it is auto and FWD. That is still a smokin' deal that may never pop up again. AWD and manual swap are always an option too :thumb:

Thank you motox, i was hoping somebody would give a positive comment. I would definately love to do the awd drive swap in the future but that sure is alot of work from what i have read. well worth it tho. we will see.

Hey guys looking at a fully built 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD track car for 5k from a reputable person in the Vegas area, confident it was built properly (don't want to mention names online) car is in excellent shape with a pristine fresh paint job, gutted interior, roll cage and 5 gallon tank. Seems like a great car for me to play around with for the money. I'm just not sure what a car like this goes for, anyways here is the parts list.

Six bolt block
New OEM oil pump and WP
Crank was balanced supp its knife edged
.020 JE 9.5 to 1
Crower rods

South Florida Performance T4 header
Tial gate
New 35R turbo
V band 3 inch DP
3.5 inch SS Exhaust Borla muffler
Slow Boy racing FMIC
HKS BOV

Head is a decently ported 1g unit
SS ferrera valves
Crower valvesprings and retainers
Venom intake and 1g TB
Venom rail
SX regulator and fuel filter
Walbro 392 fuel pump
-8 lines up and back
MSD DIS 2 ignition
1g coils

1g Manual rack
Ground Control coilovers
KYB AGX struts

Centerforce 2600lb ball bearing PP clutch
stock flywheel
Scattershield, three speed design
short shifter
new OEM cables

any information will be appreciated

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I've been tossing around the idea of selling my car. But the factory head gasket is pushing coolant and i really have lost interest in this car with my 600hp vette sitting in the garage now.

Anyone have a guess on what it would be worth as it sits? Bad head gasket and all.

Heres the build thread:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/91stockers-6-4-panda-91-talon.458404/

My car had 72000, evry option,an automatic and i paid $3700 That isn't what they wanted for but i got it for that.

I'd say look up blue book value, maybe add 2k and see if you can find somebody into flashy cars to buy it. Most of what you've done doesn't appeal to most of us. Typically people on here are into going faster. I don't see any tuning or fuel upgrades so the car can't be much faster, if at all from a stock GST.
Blue book is only $800 mods irrelevant to those jokers. I paid that cash for my 95 GS non-turbo in 2014, still listed value. Wife says to paint her yellow true to her lemony delights amounting to over 20k in parts or occasionally professional resurfacing but I do all my own work. Engineering is a passion for me, keeps my mind Right. I could use the headliner skeleton right now tho, LOL!

That's harsh! My 2nd gen is curvy bodied and smiling grill, mad personality. To each his own, love my Betty Boop (Batty Boop when the tensioner pulley is off, squeak- eek! 😎😜

UR not wrong on the prices tho for salvage/unloved/OE. Never would have got her in Automatic transmission, I'd drive manual always if it weren't so rare decades running automatic brainless driving mishaps. I teach every person beyond all my kids who desires to learn how, esp unlicensed yet sets a lasting foundation to properly control most if not every vehicle available...
I personally wouldn't bother with it if it's a 95-96. But I'd say up to $500. They look ugly and have a stupid cam sensor. For a 97-99 I would give up to $1000 depending on mileage and condition.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back