The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The Official "What Should I Spend Money On?" Thread [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMO short shifters for these cars are over rated. They are finicky shifting trannies anyway, and the added leverage of the stock shifter helps for fast shifts to 3rd on the strip. I have a B&M clone and it's notchy and honestly i wish i hadn't thrown away the stock one. Sorry to go off topic, but everyone''s rambling about shifters when that money could be spent on actually increasing performance instead of giving you the sawed off shifter look.... Just my $0.02 I miss third gear more with the short shifter than i ever did with the stocker.

Just put good bushings in it!

WTF Definitely get the shifter and the Symborski shift kit - they change your whole driving experience. Look at the ebay B&M clones though, they're much cheaper.

I agree with this guy except changing one thing (just from my experience). I have had both the ebay and B&M, with my experince the B&M was a night and day difference. I also did the bearing mod on the cables. Those three mods made driving the car so much better, it actually feels like there is a tranny beneath the shifter. So keep those on the list.

I am running glowshift gauges and they work perfectly fine for me. had them for about 3 months now with no problems at all. Better than the damn autozone crap that blinds the hell out of you at night. I would also suggest not to get an EBC and get a MBC. Much more reliable. It may be nice to be able to control your boost from inside the car, but in the long run, MBC is the way to go. Everything else sounds good to me. Wish i had a grand to drop in my car. Santa does not like me this year i guess :p

This is actually not a "how do i mod my dsm" thread.. its actually a "i have a dsm on life support and 8grand" thread. Obviously yes i know i could get a pretty nice 2g turbo for 8grand but other than that, I'm looking for some ideas on cars to look for.

couple ideas were like 2000 Trans Am and a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix gt which is like a little v6 supercharged 210hp car if ## not familiar.. I would really rather not have to downgrade on speed.. and obviously perfer something atleast 210+ hp

import/domestic Ii don't care and my parents will continue to pay insurance on petty much anything I get except for a bike so I'm sticking with a cage. Any help is appreciated and I remembered how cool this community was back when I was heavy into my eclipse so I came back for some friendly advice.

regards,
Chris

Well if your good at working on cars and can do work and have time. If you plan on building it, i would pick up a roller. Put a engine in it and do what you want with it. Other then buy wsomething that runs that your gonna rip apart anyways. My friend picked up a couple nice trans am rollers dirt cheap and put some nice motors in them. Get a nice 6 speed tranny to. Just a thought tho

If I had $8000 and a heavy foot.

I would get surgey. Somethings wrong with your foot. I mean my left feels a little heavier then my right, but not by much. I wonder why your foot is so heavy.

Wait.....
Are they both heavy? Like fat? If that was the case, I would get my stomach stapled and some lipo.

If I had $8000 and a heavy foot.

I would get surgey. Somethings wrong with your foot. I mean my left feels a little heavier then my right, but not by much. I wonder why your foot is so heavy.

Wait.....
Are they both heavy? Like fat? If that was the case, I would get my stomach stapled and some lipo.

Instead of lightening the heavy foot, he could just add weight to the light foot. That would save a ton of money and he could still afford a dsm.

rofl! thank u for giving me a laugh, the day has been a stressful one. my actual foot isnt too heavy but if it was.. i'd probably just wear a flip-flop on one, and a boot on the other to even them out...

wouldnt u say that jumping into a heavily modded awd 4g63, not only not knowing exactly what all is done to it, but also not really ever have worked on a turbo eclipse motor would be somewhat of a bad idea. i'd love rolling around in a gsx but i cant afford to have it on stands... really at all whatsoever.

+1 for the Gtp if not a dsm. Gtp's are Ok for a front wheel drive. Rear wheel drive I like old boats like the Lincoln Continental and you get a BIG ol' motor.

you can prob find a decent 2003 nissan maxima with the 3.5, I have the 3.0 2k and it's pretty quick. I believe the 2000 are 210 and the 2003 are 230-240 I beleive.

I'm thinkin, get a Geo Metro, and put a Turbo 4g63 in it. 8 grand should do that for ya.

Ls1 Camaro or Trans-am, then do heads, cam, intake, headers, etc... supercharger... Then swap the entire drivetrain into a FD Rx7 after I wreck the Camarobird.

LS1 my car went deep deep into 12s with boltons and a gear on old drag radials and a slighly slipping clutch

30mpg on the highway with a 6pseed is nice

FYI

evo iii24psi,hks 272 cams,ams tuned.......Ran dead even with my friends auto 2002 transam from a roll to 140mph we went at it a few times and no one could edge out...

His mods, only long tubes,y pipe,exhaust still had the STOCK lid and OEM AIR FILTER!

Hope this is in the right spot.

Ok so Ill be leaving for Afghanistan in a couple weeks. Just wanted to run my dsm plans by you guys.
First will be the 2.3 Eagle Weisco 6 bolt engine, oringed, and some head work. GM maf, boost sensor, and some sort of water/alky injection. Maby a jmf manifold and some fp2 cams.
Turbo will be a GT35r or s200 series from bullseye. I want to stick with a cast manifold because I dont want to spend the money it takes to get a tubular that wont crack. Havent decided on the o2 housing yet.
Drivetrain will be a completely redone tranny w/ all the bells, 4 spider diff, and a twin disk clutch set up.
Fuel will be a 255 pump w/ complete aeromotive lines and fpr. I already have the 1000cc injectors so Ill swap them to the new engine.
Thoughts, opinions, sugguestions?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back