The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official SE Florida Info Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2002
SoFla
For all your up-to-date (hopefully) information about who's doing what where in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach metro areas, here is where to list it. I'll start out with some general info about area meets, and we can roll with it from there.

The South Florida Club DSM has its meets every two weeks at Unique Motorsports Expressions in Pompano Beach. Check the DSMTuners Events Calendar for specific dates. The address is:
590 SW 9th Terrace
Suites 10&11
Pompano Beach, FL 33069

The Miami Club DSM has its meetings on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays starting around 5:00 PM in the parking lot of Denny's on Bird Road. See the link for directions. They also have their own online forums.

Some people also get together at the Tower Shops in Davie on Friday and Saturday nights. There's nothing officially scheduled-- it's just an ad hoc kind of thing.

That's it for now-- if you're trying to get a group of DSMers together for whatever reason, post it here!

Alright, I just subscribed to this.

Who (from this board) is coming to the meeting this weekend ?

I'd also like to suggest a different day for the meetings since Sunday is not really a good day for me to drive down there (i believe same goes for other people who live in the palm beach county) How about Friday or Saturday ? We usually leave early so there's enough time to enjoy friday/saturday night :)

Ill be there,I talked to Jerry this morning, he'll be there also.
If I finish working on my car tomorrow or friday(clutch).It will be there also.
otherwise ill be pimpin in the Rav4 :cool:

any of you guys know where nova southeastern university is, its in ft. lauderdale but how close is it to this towers palce, i going there next year and cant wait to see other dsm enthusiests (i know i spelled that wrong) up here in indiana there are hardly no dsms, i have the only talon in my city of like 15000, plus its warmer down there, what can i expect to find in beautiful so flo

Originally posted by kirbstalon
any of you guys know where nova southeastern university is, its in ft. lauderdale but how close is it to this towers palce, i going there next year and cant wait to see other dsm enthusiests (i know i spelled that wrong) up here in indiana there are hardly no dsms, i have the only talon in my city of like 15000, plus its warmer down there, what can i expect to find in beautiful so flo

yea its very close to our meeting place, should be like 5-10mins driving.

Hey Doug good job with getting this whole thing organized...i plan to go on Sunday.When i look out my door i see nova i liereal close to towers :)

Thanks-- and oh yeah, I'm planning on being there Sunday as well. And I'm still hoping we can get something together for Friday or Saturday at Towers...

i'm down for whatever whenever friday nite @ towers. my girlie works a late double, so she won't be nagging me to come over and watch some cheesy romantic comedy rather than go cruisin' in my (newly fixed and hasn't been driven for 2 months) car. women... :rolleyes:

if anything, we can contact each other on AIM and get something organized (WhipmastaFlex)

Adam

that kicks ass how close it is, i cant wait til college, by the way how r the cops down there, jw about if they pull u over and ticket u for no reason and #### thanks, should i install a good security system before i move down there, and what good shops are around there

So the Towers get-together for this week is over-- it was pretty cool, actually. Ricardo, Whipmastaflex, and I met up and hung out for a couple hours. Phat95talong (Kristen) came by for a few minutes, and we spotted a few stray DSMs here and there, mostly ricey ones.

The highlight of the evening, though, was a film crew from the local TV show Deco Drive. They stopped by and asked us a few questions and took some shots of our cars! That was kinda cool-- they asked us about the upcoming F&F2 movie, which of course we were like :rolleyes: . They didn't know when (or even if) we would be on TV, but keep your eyes and ears open! We didn't get a chance to plug dsmtuners or anything, but hopefully we didn't look too dorky.... :cool:

allow me to go back to the original purpose of this thread : Meeting Last Sunday of the month at the towers (by taco bell). Come by, I want to see a decent turnout this time!!

Hey! Well it was cool to finally meet some more of ya. I wanted to make it Sunday night but my car is down. I'm trying to have it fixed and painted for the Daytona meet, so count me in for March's meeting.

Ok so last sunday the meeting turnout was 6 cars, plus the rice kid that showed up in the 420a, the Asian kid who spent a few minutes in the tsi talon and the guy in the Turbo GTI. Total of 9 people if you want to count the non-regulars.

Highlight of last meeting to me was when the rice kid with the blitz bumper said he got his first sponsor and would have a "custom" exhaust coming out of the side of his bumper :laugh: and then he took off and we could hear him a mile away still in 2nd gear :shhh:

But hey, if anyone wants to help him out, he said he needs help to put that big16g on, 5psi powahh :D

I wonder if he will become a regular, second time he comes by, it's not so bad, at least he doesn't got altezza's and FnF decals like actionjackson! :laugh:

^^^ what was better than the side exhaust was the sponsership for the carbon fiber body :laugh: enjoyed the meet... even if my turbo doesn't spool :(

Adam

it was good to shoot the sh!t with you guys. honetly was the highlight of my weekend. we whould all hit up the races on a saturday night. i am thinking about making my whole car carbon fiber, what do you guys think:rolleyes:

Brendon:dsm:

Originally posted by kirbstalon

i can honestly say its no more then a mile from tower shops, its only two lights down the road:thumb:

Brendon:dsm:

Originally posted by WhipmastaFlex
^^^ what was better than the side exhaust was the sponsership for the carbon fiber body :laugh: enjoyed the meet... even if my turbo doesn't spool :(

Adam

Oh sh1t ! How could I forget that? Maybe with the carbon fiber body he will break into the 17's !! haha :)

Hey everybody, don't forget to please sign up for membership on the SoFla DSM Club list using the link I listed in the first post. I'm gonna send out a message to the list proposing we change the meeting night, and want all you guys to be able to chime in with your inputs.

Actually, I think I might post a poll here to see what everybody thinks before I post a message to the SoFla list. So look for the poll in this forum (if I decide to do that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back