The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

The Official funny stuff on Craigslist thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

But you can't honesty say its original. You could have been lied too. No paperwork swaps. I feel its only original miles if its your car from day 1. Unless the person checks the engine ID # but who actually does that

Original is original... think of a numbers matching 60's muscle car that changed hands 15 times then got restored today... when that's done it would be called an original matching #'s car.

I know it sounds like rocket science, but its as simple as that.

Don't think too hard about it. But the guy was correct in his way of wording his ad.

And if you were to further complicate exactly what you are trying to say... if the rad cap went bad and it was replaced with an oem unit from the dealer yesterday, is that any less original? What if he left the paperwork at the dealer and couldn't show you how original the cap was...

Haha, just bustin your balls.

Edit: and to answer your last question or statement... everyone should. Thats like popping the hood after already buying a car, looking for a v8 and there's a 4 banger in there when you get home. Would you ever buy a car without popping the hood? Or once again, back to a classic car.. would you not ask if that 69 stang had a 302 or 351 in it? They look the same, same size etc... or how about if it had the almighty 427? Would you not care? Or just pop the hood when you get home and find the straight six motor under there after dropping 20k+ on it.

Your arguments kind of fall apart on this subject

95 TSI AWD?

$6500 Firm for a 95 TSI with paint fade/sun spots, the t-case is off and the owner shows every intention of selling it that way so it is effectively FWD (until the VCU goes out unless its a welded diff), it is untuned with the glorious promise of 650+awhp, and has a cheap ebay wastegate.

Oh, and 3rd gear grinds.

Original is original... think of a numbers matching 60's muscle car that changed hands 15 times then got restored today... when that's done it would be called an original matching #'s car.

I know it sounds like rocket science, but its as simple as that.

Don't think too hard about it. But the guy was correct in his way of wording his ad.

And if you were to further complicate exactly what you are trying to say... if the rad cap went bad and it was replaced with an oem unit from the dealer yesterday, is that any less original? What if he left the paperwork at the dealer and couldn't show you how original the cap was...

Haha, just bustin your balls.

Edit: and to answer your last question or statement... everyone should. Thats like popping the hood after already buying a car, looking for a v8 and there's a 4 banger in there when you get home. Would you ever buy a car without popping the hood? Or once again, back to a classic car.. would you not ask if that 69 stang had a 302 or 351 in it? They look the same, same size etc... or how about if it had the almighty 427? Would you not care? Or just pop the hood when you get home and find the straight six motor under there after dropping 20k+ on it.

Your arguments kind of fall apart on this subject

Or finding out if it was a 4v or 2v motor. Those who have been around long enough to know. Some cars are rare as hell even restomods go for a pretty penny. Original miles. Some guy bought a beautiful car and drove it every now and again. Got to old, lost interest, fallen on hard times and sold it to you. It's still original.

And usually unless someone's a professional restorer, you can tell if a different motor was put in cars, especially our cars. Too many wires ran a certain way. Even so much as a ding on the fire wall can tell a story.

Would firestone even align a car with that bad of strut tower rust? I'd ask for a printout and bet all angles are in the double digits of 'your-shits-fallin-apart'.

They probably use the sledge hammer method and call it good.

Just lost my mind. Between the car above and this car I have declared that ebay is selling useless cars.

91 Eagle talon, $24k price tag, is not clean, AT ALL!

Own a phenomenal race-car for a fraction of the construction cost!
That's a cute little quote from the ebay ad.

2.3 stroker, 950cc injectors , 500+ horsepower capacity. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Cool. For $24k you get:
Or view the pictures yourself

130k mile chassis

Wires by your feet.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A fantastically clean engine bay :/

Professional fabrication and installation that is second to none. (cool zip ties)

I'm pretty sure we can buy a 1g AWD and make it faster and better than that car for under $24,000. I realize it has a couple of nicer things on it but that's it.They are trying to get some of the labor cost back with this. Overall not too bad of a car but not worth $24k. maybe $7k to 10$k for me.

Under description I saw it it had an "indy core" intercooler. Anyone know what this is? I haven't heard of it before. And it says it has 325 hp...for $24k. it is cool they got that at 12 psi though

Indy Race Cores. Old-school stuff; shitty owner, nice cores.

The MB wheels make it a 24k car, full stop.

Indy Race Cores. Old-school stuff; shitty owner, nice cores.

The MB wheels make it a 24k car, full stop.

Lol, I had to look up the prices on MB wheels to figure out if you were joking or not. $120/rim

By the twisted nipples of Athena, this is probably top 5 on my 'as seen on CL' ads for DSMs.

I know, I couldn't resist adding the car to this thread. I think it made my eyes bleed a little.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back