The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official funny stuff on Craigslist thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lets say you fully built your dsm from the ground up. Wouldn't you want to get the most out of it? And why would you say half of what's done to the car was done wrong? You just probably haven't fully built a dsm.

So lets say I bought a new Corolla in 1990, and over the course of 22 years, I spent over $10K in maintenance and repairs. Does that mean I'm justified in asking $9K when I sell it? Money invested does not equal value. If the guy wanted a solid investment, he should have bought $40K worth of stocks rather than build a race car. If he wants his money back then the car should be parted out, but even then he would be lucky to get $20K for performance parts that are now "used".

And ultimately, all that part/price list shows is this guy has more money than brains. For how much money he spent on that car, he could have built a tube-frame dragster ready to run 8's. Hell, my buddy picked up a fully built Celica ST205 for 1/3 the price. And by fully built, I mean the PTE 6262 is the most limiting part of the setup. Spending $25,000 for a car that makes 500hp and "should" make 700hp is asinine.

Lets say you fully built your dsm from the ground up. Wouldn't you want to get the most out of it? And why would you say half of what's done to the car was done wrong? You just probably haven't fully built a dsm.

I said I didn't read the list. I'm just saying 90 percent of the time I see a built DSM on craigslist with a parts list like that everything is either done wrong or bad/cheap parts...

So lets say I bought a new Corolla in 1990, and over the course of 22 years, I spent over $10K in maintenance and repairs. Does that mean I'm justified in asking $9K when I sell it? Money invested does not equal value. If the guy wanted a solid investment, he should have bought $40K worth of stocks rather than build a race car. If he wants his money back then the car should be parted out, but even then he would be lucky to get $20K for performance parts that are now "used".

And ultimately, all that part/price list shows is this guy has more money than brains. For how much money he spent on that car, he could have built a tube-frame dragster ready to run 8's. Hell, my buddy picked up a fully built Celica ST205 for 1/3 the price. And by fully built, I mean the PTE 6262 is the most limiting part of the setup. Spending $25,000 for a car that makes 500hp and "should" make 700hp is asinine.

^ This

It isn't about parts bought or money spent, when you mod a car if you get back 1/3 of the money you spent you're one of the lucky few. You don't know the quality of the work, so it might seem like an amazing race car and end up being a piece of crap. I do understand that he's trying to get the most out of his car, but a part out would be his best bet and recovering some of his loses. He'll be lucky to get $12,000 out of it, specially since its a "it should make this much power" car, just because it should doesn't mean it will.

^This.

It isn't about parts bought or money spent, when you mod a car if you get back 1/3 of the money you spent you're one of the lucky few. You don't know the quality of the work, so it might seem like an amazing race car and end up being a piece of crap. I do understand that he's trying to get the most out of his car, but a part out would be his best bet and recovering some of his loses. He'll be lucky to get $12,000 out of it, specially since its a "it should make this much power" car, just because it should doesn't mean it will.

^This.

Ha. Great minds think alike LOL Identical posts there.

DriftZ and Nexxen tires>!?!?!?!??!?!??!

1995 eagle talon tsi awd

Holy park bench, you could fit a lot of people on that bench!

Id really love to see that dynograph of 400 horsepower out of what I am assuming is a 16g and an auto trans.. and 30k invested?? Doubt it. I dont even have 30k in my car and Ive probably done way more to my car than his has done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back