The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The next FLDSM meet is a little over a month away

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97eclipseRS

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
Ft. Myers, Florida
ok guys and gals, bradenton finally posted their 2k5 schedule of events and the first saturday that they have open with a test and tune is February 19th. The test and tune takes place from 10-3 so that part of the meet will be early. I figure we can just do what we did last time. meet at the track at 12 and hang out there racing and shooting the shit until 3. at that time we can drive around and get some pics/videos, then go somewhere to eat. hope thats cool with everyone. respond if you plan on coming out :dsm:

97eclipseRS said:
ok guys and gals, bradenton finally posted their 2k5 schedule of events and the first saturday that they have open with a test and tune is February 19th. The test and tune takes place from 10-3 so that part of the meet will be early. I figure we can just do what we did last time. meet at the track at 12 and hang out there racing and shooting the shit until 3. at that time we can drive around and get some pics/videos, then go somewhere to eat. hope thats cool with everyone. respond if you plan on coming out :dsm:

I should be going. My car will be out of the body shop by then but I don't know if I'll be running at the track. We'll see how she's feeling that day.

ok i have gotten some decent interest from a few of the websites that i posted the info on. should be a good meet. anyone else from here going to try and make it? :dsm:

I'm goin obviously.

You guys dont know me but i'll be there, its about time to meet some new people and make new friends.

I wouldnt mind going but I dont know where exactly yall are at. I got my DSM April of 04 and I havent been to a DSM meet yet, most are too far away, my car would probably break down before I got their.

DSMBill said:
I wouldnt mind going but I dont know where exactly yall are at. I got my DSM April of 04 and I havent been to a DSM meet yet, most are too far away, my car would probably break down before I got their.

hit me up on aim if you have any questions bout how to get there or want directions :dsm:

I cant speak for any other Miami/South FL DSMers, but if the test and tune only lasts till 3 I dont think Im going to attend this one. Last time I went we didnt make it there till 2:30, I only got two runs in. Maybe Ill catch the next one...

DSM mechanix said:
I cant speak for any other Miami/South FL DSMers, but if the test and tune only lasts till 3 I dont think Im going to attend this one. Last time I went we didnt make it there till 2:30, I only got two runs in. Maybe Ill catch the next one...

thats fine. i realize its a far drive for some people. anyone know of a track that is more central to everyone in the state? :dsm:

97eclipseRS said:
thats fine. i realize its a far drive for some people. anyone know of a track that is more central to everyone in the state? :dsm:
I like Bradenton Raceway, just last time we had only 30 minutes to get runs in. Luckly we had the TR event later that day. How busy do the 6-10 test and tunes get?

DSM mechanix said:
I like Bradenton Raceway, just last time we had only 30 minutes to get runs in. Luckly we had the TR event later that day. How busy do the 6-10 test and tunes get?

not sure. the only thing that keeps me from doing the meet on a thursday, which is when the 6-10 test and tunes are, is the fact that a lot of people have told me its harder for them to make it out on weeknights so i try to make it on weekends instead. if i can get enough interest for a thursday meet on a 6-10 test and tune night, i will be sure to set the next meet up for that. i just need input from all you FLDSMers out there. its hard to guess whats best for everyone :dsm:

There is not central track for anyone. There is only BMP and Moroso. Bradenton is a better track and except for being on the west coast, more centrally located in the state than Moroso is.

If the only 6-10 events are thursdays, then nevermind. We'll have to find a way to get there early one day, I guess. Enough about that, now for the people who will make it THIS time. ;)

There is the Speed World track. Thats about 15 minutes east of Orlando on Hwy. 50

Bjeezy01 said:
If anyone is planning from coming from the Orlando area, let me know by AIM/e-mail. It would be nice if we could meet before hand, and make the drive down together.

Not to hijack this thread but I just bought a 99 GS-T to replace my last whip and I live in Orlando too. I'd love to get involved with the local DSM scene here but unfortunately if this goes down on the 19th I can't do it cause that's my b-day :cry:

daveyfx said:
Not to hijack this thread but I just bought a 99 GS-T to replace my last whip and I live in Orlando too. I'd love to get involved with the local DSM scene here but unfortunately if this goes down on the 19th I can't do it cause that's my b-day :cry:

Umm, racing you DSM.....I honestly can't think of many better ways to spend a birthday....

Bjeezy01 said:
Umm, racing you DSM.....I honestly can't think of many better ways to spend a birthday....

Agreed but I'm sure my missus would have a bone to pick with me at the end of that night... :laugh:

I'm moving to Tampa in a few weeks so I'll be there. It will be my first meet ever :shhh:

:talon: Justin :talon:

Im in lakeland florida, about an hour east, northeast from bradenton, if you are comming from orlando area or north of me, we can meet up and ride down there together, i should have my clutch and drag radials then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back