The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The news is out of this world.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondStarAwd

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
So the local news is saying that higher gas prices are causing weight loss. For every 1 dollar they go up a 15% decrease in obesity will occur over the next 5 years. Ya ok.

So I emailed them.

I don't know what you guys ate this morning but trying to justify gas prices by saying there will be a 15% decrease in fat people over the next 5 years is bull. Correlation does not mean cause. Stop trying to justify that shit. I'm not going to walk 30 miles to work, your out of your damn mind. Take this for example

In the summer, rape increases. Along with that, ice cream sales go up. Why don't you go study that, I'm sure you can come up with a percentage on how Sheridans Cotton Candy flavored ice cream makes you have the urge to take a knife to someones throat. You all should go into a different profession.

lawl.

The MSM is a joke anymore. It's all about ratings and money, not information for the masses.

That's an interesting relation they make. Honestly, I've noticed more people walking in my hometown ever since gas prices reached $3+ per gallon. To say that they were all overweight beforehand and are now more slim and to relate that to the rise in gas prices, though, I would say is a bit of a stretch.

So the local news is saying that higher gas prices are causing weight loss. For every 1 dollar they go up a 15% decrease in obesity will occur over the next 5 years. Ya ok.

So I emailed them.

I don't know what you guys ate this morning but trying to justify gas prices by saying there will be a 15% decrease in fat people over the next 5 years is bull. Correlation does not mean cause. Stop trying to justify that shit. I'm not going to walk 30 miles to work, your out of your damn mind. Take this for example

In the summer, rape increases. Along with that, ice cream sales go up. Why don't you go study that, I'm sure you can come up with a percentage on how Sheridans Cotton Candy flavored ice cream makes you have the urge to take a knife to someones throat. You all should go into a different profession.

lawl.
Haha sounds like something i would say.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Aargghhh matey.

Hahahahah thats f*cking funny! Good example. Although theres something about those choco tacos...

Sure makes sense to me, gas prices go up, things cost more, you now have less luxury money for things like ice cream and other junk food.

The idea of public trans is nice, if you live in a city... Out here where everything is 5-10 miles away or worse we have no options for public trans and riding a bike is akin to suicide on the highway.

Hopefully you get a snappy response and post it up here.. :) that crap is hilarious

DiamondStarAwd said:
So the local news is saying that higher gas prices are causing weight loss. For every 1 dollar they go up a 15% decrease in obesity will occur over the next 5 years.

How about a link?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back