The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G The miserable J722T ignition transistor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blindmouse

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Budapest, Europe
Hi!

Ordered some brand new pieces of that Ign.Tr unit from the fantastic&shitty china just for spare.
I got them, looks same like the OE pieces included the "mitsubishi"text too.
Drop one by one them in my car.. all started fine.. after a half hour of driving, when got the heat starts misfiring. almost like the bad OE ones, but not the same. randomly half seconds misfiring, maybe just ONE cylinder, not 2 when the OE pieces dies.. then I stop the car, plugged the OE one, then works fine.. WTF?
I'm replaced the ignition coils too. but the behavior is stills.

Any tips, suggestions?

BTW: Anybody knows any TRUSTED source?
I just saw early EVO guys in Japan were talking that the J722T PTU is no longer available from Mitsubishi Japan. So if you want OEM quality, your option would probably be to look for some OEM parts store that still has it in stock. Maybe you should ask Amaya, if you are lucky, they still have it in stock at some of their warehouse in Japan or in middle east. Or another option would be to get a good condition used unit.

Holy crap..
Used units checking before buying is impossible, becouse in cold all of them works fine, until heated
with the engine. all of sellers says "it's okey".. exept the local sellers, well.. they number is around me= almost zero :D

Who the heck is Amaya? :)

I just saw early EVO guys in Japan were talking that the J722T PTU is no longer available from Mitsubishi Japan. So if you want OEM quality, your option would probably be to look for some OEM parts store that still has it in stock. Maybe you should ask Amaya, if you are lucky, they still have it in stock at some of their warehouse in Japan or in middle east. Or another option would be to get a good condition used unit.

Holy crap..
Used units checking before buying is impossible, becouse in cold all of them works fine, until heated
with the engine. all of sellers says "it's okey".. exept the local sellers, well.. they number is around me= almost zero :D

Who the heck is Amaya? :)
Anyways if you don't want a chinese or used unit, then I guess there is no choice. Try to look for a new genuine unit.

Amayama is a Japan based genuine parts online store.
https://www.amayama.com

144-175$ for that lil crap? +S&H :D ooh thats funny :D

Anyways if you don't want a chinese or used unit, then I guess there is no choice. Try to look for a new genuine unit.

Amayama is a Japan based genuine parts online store.
https://www.amayama.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back