The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The History Of DSM's <-- Pretty Awsome

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What a read , I had seen most of that info before.I just cant remember where , but its a good read.

Wow very interesting stuff i like i should print it out and give it to every honda guy i know.

billys90tsi said:
Wow very interesting stuff i like i should print it out and give it to every honda guy i know.
The only problem is none of them give a f*ck

My good friend drives a del sol, he know's more about dsm's than honda's. haha.

thats deep, but there ARE production numbers floating around out there for when ever
1G's start becoming really rare, and they were not included in that. Too bad there are NO 2G production numbers....things could get interesting.

And yes that is a very credible write up.

Gotta love history of our cars here are the numbers for the talons:

:talon: 1g
1991: 29,853
1992: 29,911
1993: 27,360
1994: 27,680

:talon:2g:
1995: 20,824
1996: 13,842
1997: 1,987
1998: 2,957

The link is:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Talon

I don't know about the Eclipse and Laser but if I find them I'll post them!

Brian

Somehow I can't really believe that there were less than 2,000 1997 Eagle Talon's made :confused:

Here's a link to another source:
http://www.allpar.com/model/laser.html

Laser Year Talon
42,105 1990 32,708
30,198 1991 33,537
24,090 1992 27,945
14,300 1993 26,740
5,284 (partial year) 1994 24,040
not in production 1995 25,066
not in production 1996 15,100
not in production 1997 9,788
not in production 1998 4,308

I wonder where my source got thier numbers!! They all give a little different numbers??
I wonder why!!

Brian

and 4000 1gs for us (251 official targas)
less than 4000 2gs for us too

I'd really like to know how many of the cars sold where turbo. I know that the number of turbos sold is really low compared to the total number of cars sold. I do remember seeing this info somewhere before but I can't remember where. Anyone know?

All I know is that I almost never see a Talon 2g around especialy a tsi! I see a lot of Eclipses very few GSX's though. I like the 2g Talon tsi more than the GSX but I couldn't find a black one with low miles. These cars are getting more rare by the day!

Interesting... but nothing all that new.

Whats also interesting is that they say 93s, no EPROM ecus...

Well, I have a 93, and It sure as heck has an EPROM ecu... Plus my family has owned the car since new, so I know it hasn't been swapped.

Also, I could have sworn that all of the 3000gt/stealths were made in japan and shipped over here, NOT in IL

dub2gsx said:
All I know is that I almost never see a Talon 2g around especialy a tsi! I see a lot of Eclipses very few GSX's though. I like the 2g Talon tsi more than the GSX but I couldn't find a black one with low miles. These cars are getting more rare by the day!

Dude you missed it, I was selling one for some else 101k miles, heavily modded $4000.
95 Talon TSi AWD
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

TSiWarrior said:
Anyone have pics of the 1g targa?
Convertible (Euro-spec)

Targa Top

drivemusicnow said:
Also, I could have sworn that all of the 3000gt/stealths were made in japan and shipped over here, NOT in IL

No, I think most of ours were built here, however, I could be wrong

drivemusicnow said:
Whats also interesting is that they say 93s, no EPROM ecus...

Well, I have a 93, and It sure as heck has an EPROM ecu... Plus my family has owned the car since new, so I know it hasn't been swapped.

Same here. Where did they get that info from?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back