The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

The GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love the color! I keep thinking of doing the AWD swap myself, what is making you want to do it? I recently bought wheels for mine and some stickier summer tires so I'm going to see if those will give me enough grip in the meantime. Are you running a limited slip diff on yours?

I love the color! I keep thinking of doing the AWD swap myself, what is making you want to do it? I recently bought wheels for mine and some stickier summer tires so I'm going to see if those will give me enough grip in the meantime. Are you running a limited slip diff on yours?
Thank you! And I wanted to go AWD because I wanted to be able to have more grip and be able to put on gsx parts like a apexi exhaust.Also cleannn!what tire set up are you going for? And I’m not, it has stock diff but even with my 235 continental my tires Still spin a bit.

I just put some Aodhan AFF7 18 x 8.5 with some 225 40 18 General Gmax. They are night and day better than the cruddy Walmart brand tires that were on there. I can still get a little wheel spin in the dry but I like a little bit because I feel like it makes me faster off the line. I have a 2011 TL SHAWD and I love the AWD as the grip is just incredible. Where it really shines is in the rain though, that's what really makes me want it on the DSM. It does have some drawback, it's very difficult to get much of any wheel spin even when you want a little. It's heavier and it uses more gas and they are known to burn through clutches faster. I'm wanting to start tuning the DSM but I'm really hoping I can get by with a LSD on the FWD. If you do the swap you'll have to put some updates out here. I've watched some youtube videos on it and it looks like quite the job. I feel like right now the hard part is finding the car to rob the parts from. Here's a pic of the wheels:
20220512_180929.jpg

Dang the wheels look great to be honest! I really like them but I agree with you that lsd is the right choice because spinning does kill your launch a bit but with the lsd the pros out weigh the cons once you get more hp but I recommend going to the resource page and looking at the 2g upgrade path and go for you build type, its a big help and the Awd swap is pretty easy if you follow the threads posted on it and yeah it’s definitely hard finding a gsx parts car😂 but I’ll keep my build list updated but imma going to make YouTube videos while I build it. Also any plans on making the gst lower ?

Currently I’m on tein coil overs and they ride pretty Good it’s not bad but they can go lower than how I have it set up,but I keep breaking the lip😂 but I say do the full coilovers do you can adjust the height the exact way you like it. Keep your build thread updated I can’t wait to see how the gst ends up😼

3A7C6076-3DF4-4B59-8C11-7400992A7B2E.jpeg

61B70DC8-A478-4424-9956-A4C7C89DD3C5.jpeg

Just finished doing a bunch of maintenance on the gst, timing belt and waterpump with the thermostat just went though a boost leak test and now I’ve ordered a manual boost controller and a genuine evo3 big16 turbo with the fmic 16g kit. And today I just bought my fuel pump rewiring materials and soon I’ll buy a fuel pump to keep up with the boost. But since I got all my parts in I’m probably going to throw in the dsm link and get it tuned😼

I also fixed up the gst these past few months, I finally found some great condition tan sun visors and found new weatherstripping for the top. Now it doesn’t leak at all. I also bought some carbon fiber fog light covers to complete the front end. But can’t wait to fix up the body with the little scratches and dents and have it complete. But I’ll try to update my build more

Attachments

• E0F9FD90-37D4-4E30-B496-CE9FEA371364.jpeg
    E0F9FD90-37D4-4E30-B496-CE9FEA371364.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 47CD5E74-C6A0-4DFB-BD3E-1DA59D0D6E10.jpeg
    47CD5E74-C6A0-4DFB-BD3E-1DA59D0D6E10.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 20
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back