The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

The F&F blues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I personally thought it was stylish. Anyway, I'll admit it, if it wasn't for that movie, I would not be here today.

im here cause of the opening scene from "Need for Speed Underground" (or maybe U2) that had the eclipse that was all CGI modded one piece at a time. That was my initial intention, i however met another guy on here who turned me around and into performance.

i imported one to england on the strength of that film, glag i done my home work first though and got a gsx:)

I bought mine like 6 months before the 1st FF movie came out,then every one said..wooo you have the car from that movie..wooooo ahhhhh ROFL

They don't say it anywhere. But at the beginning of the first street race, when that mouse lookin' guy lifts the hood, we are greeted with a NA 420a

and? it has a 420a so what? but i dont agree that its N/a as ive zoomed in on it myself and sorry but you cant see enough of it to be able to see where the turbo is or would be... but maybe im missing somethin

Oh man. We've got DSM SuperHindsight going on in this thread! You know, where you can look back and REALLY see what was wrong? But if you were really that good, in addition to the bogus 7-speed transmission, you would have noticed the car was in reverse when it "topped out at 140mph this morning." You might have thought "blowing the welds on the intake manifold" was bullshit because these cars come with cast manifolds that don't have any welds on them. Oh wait! I must have missed it where you covered how you don't double clutch during a drag race since that's a downshifting technique.

Pffft. FATF 1 was a great movie. The idiot ricer, street racer wannabe that it glorified was the most annoying part. There were a lot of big names in the sport compact community involved. The guy who flagged the races at "Race Wars" was a major photog from Super Street. RJ Devera, who's probably gone faster in an all motor Honda than most of the people talking shit in this thread, was the guy in the Integra with the Playstation in the 30 second long drag race.

Yes, the movie was a bit of a let down from the point of view of thousands of legit street tuners, but at least it wasn't the gratuitous attempt at capitalizing on a franchise as the others that followed it were. Godawful tripe. Especially the drift one. Garbage.

Six years later, if you're still pissed about the original FATF more than you quote it on a daily basis with your friends for fun and laughs, then you need to chillax. That movie was a DSMers GOLDMINE of quality one lines and jokes.

Don't lose that cool you got! That's your meal ticket! ;)

F&F was a bad movie, it blow the tuner scene up so much i've notice cops pulling over everything that had an exhaust system or was lowered. I got shit for my car at least 5 to 10 times a month....

Oh man. We've got DSM SuperHindsight going on in this thread! You know, where you can look back and REALLY see what was wrong? But if you were really that good, in addition to the bogus 7-speed transmission, you would have noticed the car was in reverse when it "topped out at 140mph this morning." You might have thought "blowing the welds on the intake manifold" was bullshit because these cars come with cast manifolds that don't have any welds on them. Oh wait! I must have missed it where you covered how you don't double clutch during a drag race since that's a downshifting technique.

Pffft. FATF 1 was a great movie. The idiot ricer, street racer wannabe that it glorified was the most annoying part. There were a lot of big names in the sport compact community involved. The guy who flagged the races at "Race Wars" was a major photog from Super Street. RJ Devera, who's probably gone faster in an all motor Honda than most of the people talking shit in this thread, was the guy in the Integra with the Playstation in the 30 second long drag race.

Yes, the movie was a bit of a let down from the point of view of thousands of legit street tuners, but at least it wasn't the gratuitous attempt at capitalizing on a franchise as the others that followed it were. Godawful tripe. Especially the drift one. Garbage.

Six years later, if you're still pissed about the original FATF more than you quote it on a daily basis with your friends for fun and laughs, then you need to chillax. That movie was a DSMers GOLDMINE of quality one lines and jokes.

Don't lose that cool you got! That's your meal ticket! ;)

Don't forget the most overlooked one... while he's in the parking lot topping out at 140mph that morning, when he shifts into second, he's driving a right-hand drive Eclipse. Confused? Go put it in slow-motion. :D

Anyway, that movie came out the summer I graduated high school. I liked it and still do. Whatever. I mean, I know it has retarded things about it, but overall, it's a huge part of the import world. Whether a good or bad way.

But I sleep well at night knowing I was drooling, dreaming and masturbating while racing the 2g Eclipse on the all-new Gran Turismo 1 back in '98. I've loved the 2g forever. I finally got my hands on mine in '02.

People used to always ask me if F&F had any influence on me getting my car, and I proudly answer... "No.". :)

Well....Maybe this thread was dredged up from the dead because of The Fast and the Furious 4 which will be out in June of 2009. I have a few major problems with movies like this. They need to just allow the cars to sound like themselves instead of coming up with "Hollywood sensationalism" when it comes to sound effects. They really need to hire real racing consultants instead of phonies who pretend to be racers so they can get paid. They need to stop making "turbo noises" with cars that aren't really turbocharged, and stop adding weak ass sound effects where they aren't needed. If the cars are what they're portrayed as in the movie, then no sound effects are even needed. The damn Charger that stood up in a wheelstand on the street? Come on, Hollywood! Someone needs to teach these fools that "NOS" is not a word nor is it an accurate description of what nitrous oxide actually is. If they have consultants on the movie set that don't allow the actors to say stupid things like "Motec system exhaust", and talk about putting SR20 Nissan engines in Hondas, they MAY have a shot at having a half decent movie. Until then, I'll be :beatentodeath: and bashing them until I can type no more.

Well....Maybe this thread was dredged up from the dead because of The Fast and the Furious 4 which will be out in June of 2009.

sadly no, thread was created 7/7/2008.

F&F is a decent fun movie if you dont get all crazy about picking out every little thing about the cars. Even knowing all the stuff i do now i still find myself glued to watching it whenever its on TNT or USA. It doesnt ruin it for me that the underhood shots are that of a wire-loom'd 420a. 50% of the Eleanor chase scenes in G60S is a car with no motor at all! Still chuckle at the "spread parts along garage floor and pan with camera" shot that shows 3 radiators, a 4cyl manifold (supra is a I6) and a slough of other random things that are just shiney. and you know what, to this day, when i have a bunch of mods ready to go on, i lay them out on the garage floor and take a picture of it all spread out. just did it last weekend with all my detailing stuff (PC, Optimum C/P/PS, Natty's Blue, 10 different cut pads, two packages of microfibers and a 12pack of Corona).

Guy co-wrote the 1915 'F&F: Buggies Can't Drift' screenplay. He was 45 at the time.

F&F was a bad movie, it blow the tuner scene up so much i've notice cops pulling over everything that had an exhaust system or was lowered. I got shit for my car at least 5 to 10 times a month....

Thats true . No way would any type of loud exhaust be a reason to be stopped , damn movies . I was stopped many times too . Always because of the movie . :notgood: .

Why is it we always need an excuse why something happened . :toobad:

Haha. The next time I get pulled over for something stupid like the exhaust. I'm going to ask him which movie of the Fast and the Furious movie he enjoyed the most.

2f2 is also on right now. I seen a mustang with that same wing on the skyline, I just got off of work and i drove by the car i was like WTF that looks funny looking.

Defiant is my hero! :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back