The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

The F&F blues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatblondechik

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2006
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
You know...I haven't watched any of the F&F movies since right after they came out. Back then I didn't know a muffler from a cat.

Well my little sister just put it on...and the retard in the Eclipse shifts like 7 times in the very beginning...WTF would cause "DANGER TO THE MANIFOLD"...then make your floorboards fly off...and to top it all off..it's a NON TURBO 420a!! They didn't even bother to put a fake looking turbo by the manifold...just painfully obvious headers....not even a FMIC.

*sigh*
Just wanted to share my frustration with Hollywood.

He's using nitrous sooooo, as quoting Torretto, "you're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on your intake." Which is true since if you look at Magnus' intake manifolds, they blew the welds even without nitrous it seems.

But "The Mad Scientist" also says he has a T3/T4 Turbo when he looks under the hood PRE-race...they're really good at hiding that thing under those solid headers...

A lot of good DSM's have been wasted since that movie came out. What a shame.

Really?

This is the most RECENT thread in here right now?

REALLY?

My time machine appears to be broken.

It's sad really. I loved DSMs prior to that movie. My friends are still telling me to stop "living my life a quarter mile at a time." Not only that, they're still calling me "Hector".

I personally thought it was stylish. Anyway, I'll admit it, if it wasn't for that movie, I would not be here today.

I liked the movie, it was entertaining. So what if they didnt get every little aspect of tuning cars right...OHHHHHH so thrity thousand people from a tuning website will know its a N/T big fuggin whoop...the other million that saw it liked it AND didnt think twice about it.

Astronauts watch space movies...you think they bi*** about realism of movies.....for 7 years at that....

I personally thought it was stylish. Anyway, I'll admit it, if it wasn't for that movie, I would not be here today.

same

Its entertainment, plain and simple. Plus Im one of the many that has to admit that if not for F&F, I probably wouldnt have gotten interested in DSMs and bought my GST years ago. Also, everyone dogs on the lime green, but, Im guilty of having a fund put aside to get my beast painted bright green.

i imported one to england on the strength of that film, glag i done my home work first though and got a gsx:)

I've only owned my GSX for a little over 3 years.

I watched about 10 minutes of the first POS movie. The scene where the car went under the big rig and it was obviously lifted up using blocks sealed the deal, the movie got turned off. The acting was horrible, the cars looked lame.

it was entertaining to me...pure entertainment. plus, some of the cars in the movie LOOKED good...i mean remember this is a community of basically guys and gals that know their stuff...so it's a 420a...for a show car...its mean...idk i know for sure in my book, when building a car to go fast...bodykits and the like are out...the faster your car looks, the more attention you get, and police love giving tix's to cars that look fast...i say thanks to that movie...the more kids that get body kits and mufflers means less attention to my stock 2gb...and way more people who don't know what fast REALLY is...haha

ya know F&F 3 tokyo drift came on HBO the other night and I watched if just for giggles. Its amazing how far out of touch that movie is. Like every kid in japan is running around in an evo or 350 or RX7 and drifting thru the streets or parking garages. They are in the canyon and the one girl is talking about how much they used to love coming up there and drifting in highschool. Like that was a normal thing to do every saturday night. If you had to rank them, god help us all, the first one is the best. Atleast you can see a group of kids getting together and racing on saturday night. Not jumping and f'ing skyline over a bridge or drifting an evo thru a parking garage. If you watch the first one on MUTE its not near as bad. I promise, I have done it before LOL

I thought the first movie was pretty good. I enjoy that movie when it was first out. The second movie was just horrible to me since it did not make much sense.

I thought the 3rd one was pretty cool. The story was okay but the cars were much better since they did get a higher budget for that movie and not only that the drifts in the movie were real.

i think i was eleven when the first one came out and I have it memorized....actually wore out the vhs tapeROFL I was so young and the sound of that supra coming around the corner about to race toretto about made me nut myself....no matter how outta touch they are all fairly entertaining and regardless what people say they do help stimulate the scene a little bit.....and the first one is by far the best:thumb:

Can we make a fast and the furious sticky, so everyone can see vent this movie away. they seem to come up way 2 often

Back in the day when the first movie first came out I was like in 8th grade and didnt know anything about cars so it was cool movie back then since thats what ppl did with their cars anyways LOL.

By the time I learned about dsms/ cars, rewatching the first one, and I was pretty shocked at all the misinformation and ridiculous things they were saying and doing and how they used a 420a fwd eclipse for the damn movie car when you have the gsx model... Pretty corny.
Along with the lime green, the stickers, the wing, and the sheet metal floor boards that magically fall out when the laptop says "danger to manifold" LOL. Like i said... Corny.

When the 2nd movie came out, I still didnt know much about cars, but from a later perspective, Im glad they used a evo, and a skyline, but I hate that they riced out the skyline and made the cars seem sooo slow when they were racing. I liked Tyrese acting even though I can tell he didnt know anything about cars, and who can hate seeing Eva Mendez's on screen. Other than that it was a decent plot that strayed away from the car aspect.

The 3rd movie, I had already got used to F&F movies so I didnt care what I saw as long as I didnt feel I wasted my money seeing it at the movies... I didnt like the main characters country accent at first but by the end of the movie I got used to hearing his voice so I didnt think about it anymore.
Movie was still wack and they should go watch a real drift/ street racing vid from them guys over in Japan and see how they should've made the movie...

The next one that comes out, sure ill see it, but I dont expect to be impressed or actually see anything that truely represents anything relevant to us; but it should still be entertaining. If they bring Vin diseal back in some muscle car im fine with that, but im sick of Paul Walker.
But thats the Hollywood machine making the movie not real car enthusiasts.

Is it sad I got into DSM because of a slightly better(maybe?) way? I was watching Initial D and the evo team were going off about that powerhouse known as the 4g63T and I Google'd it.

But yea I hate those movies my bro keeps asking me when Im gonna get some NAWZ and a huge wing.:notgood:

I can not wait until part 4 comes out, it is going to have some donks in it:barf:
They only car i liked in those movies were the musle cars. Oh and maybe that 350z, i think i liked the color of the z.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back