The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The easy non-turbo to turbo swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did this swap last spring and thought it would be good to share with others. It starts with the car. I did this swap on a 1993 Eagle Talon ES after i threw a rod. I used a non turbo 4g63 for this swap also. Here is a list of the parts you will need.

1. Turbo wiring harness(90 can only be used with 90 and 91-94 can be used with 91-94)
2. Turbo ecu(90 with 90 and 91-94 with 91-94)
3. Knock sensor
4. Turbo throttle body, blow off valve, and ic pipes
5. Turbo exhuast manifold, turbo, o2 housing, and downpipe
6. Turbo water pipe
7. Turbo oil filter housing
8. Turbo oil pan
9. Turbo thermostat housing
10. Turbo oil and coolant lines
11. Turbo injectors and fuel pressure regulater
12. Turbo maf sensor
13. Intercooler

1- Start by taking the dashboard out of your car
2- Unplug the wiring harness from the ecu and the plugs by the passenger side of the dashboard
3- Unplug the entire wiring harness from everything under the hood
4- Pull the drivers compartment side of the wiring harness through the hole in the firewall into the engine compartment.
5- Remove engine and transmission
6- Install the turbo wiring harness through the firewall from the engine compartment to the drivers compartment.
7- Remove the non turbo oil filter housing, oil pan, exhuast manifold, thermostat housing, water pipe, injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
8- Replace all the parts listed in step 7 with the turbo counterparts
9- Bolt turbo to the exhuast manifold and hook up all turbo lines
10- Replace downpipe with turbo downpipe
11- Install knock sensor (threaded hole in the middle of the 2 middle cylinders on the backside of the engine
12- Reinstall motor and transmission
13- Install intercooler
14- Install all intercooler pipes
15- Bolt o2 housing to downpipe and bolt to turbo
16- Plug all sensors in and bolt your dashboard back in
17- Put turbo ecu in
18- Hook up all intercooler pipes and sensors and bolt everything down and it should be good to go
19- MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20- Fire your car up and enjoy!!!

Note: If using a turbo motor and a non turbo transmission you must shave off the guide pin for the flywheel so you can use the non turbo flywheel.

I am not responsible for anything wrong that happens to anybodies car. This worked great for me and hopefully you too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back