The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

The Battle of "Eris"

Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow, I’m definitely sub’d!! What an amazing journey so far and where it’s going, beautiful build!
Thank you very much. It really has been. One day…just wish I had half the knowledge most of the members on here do. That too will come with time hopefully. :talon:
 
Last edited:
Well I finally said f&$k all the responsibilities around here for a day, I’m never going to get caught up around this jungle anyways. Had optimism about maybe getting the engine bay painted this weekend, yah not so much. I wanted to pull the windshield to make the paint as complete at possible, and had zero luck with that. This is some hard ass urethane, bet the windshield was never replaced. None of the tools that came with the Amazon removal kit stood a chance. Couldn’t even get the wire plunging tool through the lower corner heating it with a torch. Have a professional coming next weekend to pull it.
Did give it a once over throughout the bay with 400 grit, not sure if it’ll make a different from the 320 but damn that metal is smooth in there. At least I can say I did my best. Hit a few spots with rust reformer for good measure and added seam sealer to a few areas I thought could benefit.
 
Had someone come remove the windshield today. He couldn’t believe how hard that old urethane was. Was not expecting the tool he broke out but he got it done, LOL. Now I can continue to prep and paint will be proper everywhere. Not this weekend though back took a shit again last week. :notgood:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8312.jpeg
  • IMG_8315.jpeg
  • IMG_8317.jpeg
Removed the rock hard urethane around the windshield. Sanded down and prepped. Cleaned out all piller/hatch valleys with some dawn and a toothbrush. Sprayed rust reformer for good measure on bare metal around windshield. Hoping to prime, base, clear engine bay and windshield area next weekend finally.
I had some helpers too.
 

Attachments

Hell yeah man im looking foward to seeing it and getting mine close to that next year when i pull the engine out and respray the entire car but damn i love that color man.
 
Hell yeah man im looking foward to seeing it and getting mine close to that next year when i pull the engine out and respray the entire car but damn i love that color man.
Tennessee Blue baby.

Great work! Looks awesome.
Thanks! LOT of hours went into that. Not sure how I always end up painting in the hottest part of the year but it seems to be a theme, :idontknow:
 
Thanks! LOT of hours went into that. Not sure how I always end up painting in the hottest part of the year but it seems to be a theme, :idontknow:

If it’s not the two months where it’s not 96.5 billion degrees, every day is the hottest part of the year here. ROFL
 
Omg that is sick I would love to get mine close to that .
Thanks! Ya so after a few days to recover from the heat it started setting in how awesome it came out. Super stoked but a picture doesn’t do it justice, so figured I’d post the video I took.
 
I got lots of work to do but now I'm trying to drive it. But gives me something to look forward to for the future
Get it looking better for a 30 year old dem.
 
So I started tearing into the interior today, just trying to figure out what my approach is going to be. Most of the factory deadening material is in really good shape, but there are some areas that were loose or had rust so removing in those areas to treat rust and respray some material where the factory had it to even out. Degreasing with wet vac in there with me to try and minimize mess at this point.
 
So I started tearing into the interior today, just trying to figure out what my approach is going to be. Most of the factory deadening material is in really good shape, but there are some areas that were loose or had rust so removing in those areas to treat rust and respray some material where the factory had it to even out. Degreasing with wet vac in there with me to try and minimize mess at this point.

Hell yeah, Chad. Damn she's looking so good. That first scratch in the engine bay is going to hurt. Lmao. It's all good, though. Keep hammering!
 
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top