The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Battle of "Eris"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well after some setbacks trying to get this done the last few weeks we finally made it happen.
Countless hours of prep. Lots of sweat and cussing, then all worth it.
Sanded/wheeled/etc.
Internal frame coatings
Cleaned with “Pre painting prep” from Eastwood.
Doused in 70% isopropyl

Rust Encapsulator Platinum sprayed..
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3309.jpeg

Epoxy Primer spayed..

IMG_3320.jpeg

Single stage OEM color sprayed 3 coats..

IMG_3323.jpeg
IMG_3324.jpeg

2K clear sprayed..pics don’t show much of a difference but the added protection is there.
IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

Rolled both directions each coat to ensure coverage. The rotisserie was great for this.

Looks awesome! 😍
Thank you sir

I had hoped to get this done any time other than summer but just didn’t work out that way. Needless to say this heat here is taken to a whole other level when suffocating behind a respirator too. I almost passed out a few times, gonna take a couple days to do nothing now! :cool:

Apparently I didn’t get any pics of the seam sealer I added or repaired somehow. :banghead:
This is how I protected the internal threads of all the holes though while still allowing maximum coverage. It’s what I came up with anyways. Think it worked pretty well.

IMG_3121.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

Well after some setbacks trying to get this done the last few weeks we finally made it happen.
Countless hours of prep. Lots of sweat and cussing, then all worth it.
Sanded/wheeled/etc.
Internal frame coatings
Cleaned with “Pre painting prep” from Eastwood.
Doused in 70% isopropyl

Rust Encapsulator Platinum sprayed..
View attachment 700831View attachment 700832

Epoxy Primer spayed..

View attachment 700833

Single stage OEM color sprayed 3 coats..

View attachment 700834View attachment 700835

2K clear sprayed..pics don’t show much of a difference but the added protection is there.
View attachment 700836
View attachment 700837
Rolled both directions each coat to ensure coverage. The rotisserie was great for this.
Dude, you're crushing it! Love the pics and the progress! Keep em coming, please. 🤘🤘

Now I want to get a rotisserie. Question for you. How much space is it taking up in your garage?
So I turn the adapter brackets I made around and slide the center connecting rails under the car. I would say allow 3-4 feet on the side of the car this way and you’re good. Bigger challenge is jockeying things around to get car on angle and attaching ends on car as center rail sticking out likes to run into things. Here’s mine stored when not it use. Set up with car on angle takes up every bit of a 2 bay.

IMG_3498.jpeg

So I turn the adapter brackets I made around and slide the center connecting rails under the car. I would say allow 3-4 feet on the side of the car this way and you’re good. Bigger challenge is jockeying things around to get car on angle and attaching ends on car as center rail sticking out likes to run into things. Here’s mine stored when not it use. Set up with car on angle takes up every bit of a 2 bay.

View attachment 702099
So you don't leave the car on the rotisserie and only put it up when working on it? Definitely doable that way. I am wondering how much space is needed in front and rear of car when everything is assembled. I have about 6.5 feet of space in the garage total in front and rear of my car so I'm trying to see if I can manage without having to place it diagonally.

So you don't leave the car on the rotisserie and only put it up when working on it? Definitely doable that way. I am wondering how much space is needed in front and rear of car when everything is assembled. I have about 6.5 feet of space in the garage total in front and rear of my car so I'm trying to see if I can manage without having to place it diagonally.
Yes I put it up and take it down every time I use it, only way to fit Mustang in garage. This adds an hour or more to working time each day. I would doubt that’s enough room, mine stick out probably 3.5ft on each end when set up, it’s quite the footprint. I haven’t measured the total length when set up but could next time I do. Here’s another view set up.

IMG_2167.jpeg

Yes I put it up and take it down every time I use it, only way to fit Mustang in garage. This adds an hour or more to working time each day. I would doubt that’s enough room, mine stick out probably 3.5ft on each end when set up, it’s quite the footprint. I haven’t measured the total length when set up but could next time I do. Here’s another view set up.

View attachment 702103
Thank you. I figured it was gonna be tight but I think I can make it work. If you do get a chance to get a measurement I'd appreciate it but don't go out of your way.

So this literally took 12 months to get. But it finally came. Nice to have I guess..we’re not all as efficient at being creative making tools like Marty. Or want to, LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6172.jpeg
    IMG_6172.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 23
Hows the build coming along? It's GOT to be cooler now for you in the shop. Stay on it, man!
Honestly not much. 87 today again here and really humid. Been a couple nice days but haven’t had much time since July to do anything. Hoping to get back to it in the coming weeks.

Was planning to use the same single stage in the engine bay that I did underneath but after spraying, determined, it was not high-quality enough. Fine for underneath the car but want the engine bay to look more like a showpiece I guess. Sprayed some samples of base coats tonight provided by local PPG dealer. The JB came out great, the Deltron, which is four times the amount of money did not. Not sure what happened going to have to go back to the store and get some advice/answers.

Well I’m trying to upload photos but says that they are too big. First time this has happened not sure what to do. Posting from phone and attaching from camera roll.
Edit: emailed them to myself smaller and got them to upload. Now they look like crap if you zoom in though.

IMG_6276.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpeg

IMG_6278.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a shout out here to @Kai Hefner. I had originally ordered his fuel/brake line holders ( -8an, -6an, 3/16") but after following @92Turbski 's build decided I wanted to go with the -3an SS brake lines all around as well. After probably annoying the crap out of Paul and Ziggy from RTM with questions I got all the lines I needed and ordered the new holders from HEF. I sent specs for the SS brake lines along with sizing and pics with a caliper measuring OD for fitment. Unfortunately when I got the new holders the brake lines would not fit in the openings they were just too small. When I informed Kai of this he immediately insisted on correcting it and sending new ones. I felt kinda bad as this is not a big item and shipping cost involved etc etc. Just wanted to say how happy I am with his customer service and everyone should feel very comfortable ordering from him. Thanks again man! :talon:

Last edited:
It's no problem at all man. If someone orders holders, they're getting holders that work. Custom sizing is always tough to do over the internet with varying tolerance in fuel line sizes. If the custom sizing doesn't end up fitting, I didn't do my job! I'm here to support the community first, the shipping/replacement cost is not an important factor to me.

Last edited:
Haven’t been able to work on her in a minute now. Weather is finally great, and found a couple hours today. Started hand sanding the engine bay. As close as I thought I had it, it just isn’t good enough for a nice finish. Texture wasn’t smooth to the hand the the ospho had left behind some white crusties. So giving it a 220, 320, 400 grit by hand. Every nook and cranny. So much fun! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6477.jpeg
    IMG_6477.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 18
Thank you. I figured it was gonna be tight but I think I can make it work. If you do get a chance to get a measurement I'd appreciate it but don't go out of your way.
Sorry this took so long @fourgsixty3. There will be some variables obviously but with my rotisserie, brackets I made, etc. I’m measuring right at 19’. You need at least 2-3 feet on each end to work the monstrosity as well!

Not sure why it’s not letting me upload half of the photos now full rez. Maybe new iPhone camera?

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back