The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The Battle of "Eris"

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
So this build thread had been basically sitting idle since I joined while I waited to obtain at least enough stuff to get started on her. While I don't have a lot accumulated yet we are starting to get some parts and equipment together. I think I at least have enough now to get the motor pulled, finish gutting the car, prep undercarriage and engine bay, etc. I even have a rotisserie on the way from Eastwood. Need to finish cleaning up garage enough to get to her properly but that's another story. I think I might put "SCRPMNY" on the license plate :hmm:as a large part of my play money is coming from stripping copper off jobs I do, hence the problem getting to her. I will update with some photos eventually. The purpose of this update is to edit the build thread finally introducing her by her proper name, "Eris". I feel it's very fitting for our history together and probably resembles a lot of DSM owner's quandaries throughout their journey. Here is a little background on the original Eris:
While I would like to post another book of an explanation here I won't, you can click the link if you care to learn more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)

The story of Eris being snubbed and indirectly starting the Trojan War is recorded in the Principia, and is referred to as the Original Snub. The Principia Discordia states that her parents may be as described in Greek legend, or that she may be the daughter of Void. She is the Goddess of Disorder and Being, whereas her sister Aneris (called the equivalent of Harmonia by the Mythics of Harmonia) is the goddess of Order and Non-Being. Their brother is Spirituality.[10]

Discordian Eris is looked upon as a foil to the preoccupation of western philosophy in attempting find order in the chaos of reality, in prescribing order to be synonymous with truth. Discordian Eris teaches us that the only truth is chaos, and that order and disorder are simply temporary filters applied to the lenses we view the chaos through. This is known as the Aneristic Illusion.[11]

In this telling, Eris becomes something of a patron saint of chaotic creation:

I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free.[12]

The only time I ever felt order or free in this chaos in which we live was when driving her. Here's to all of us trying to create/build some order. :cool:

DogWhistle

Supporting VIP
Sep 13, 2012
St. Paul, Minnesota
Thanks for the explanation. Your car has probably been named with more thought than most of ours. Good luck on the build. With a rotisserie on the way, it sounds serious.

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
So this showed up today...:cool:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
I wasn't going to bother posting an update yet as there really isn't much to show, but then again I've spent the last year trying to make room in my garage for this point to pull the cover off her for the first time in 12 years! Couldn't believe that when I looked at the info from the old electric pics. Got the engine lift, engine stand and rotisserie assembled. My wife didn't think I could make enough room with all the shit I have but I gave her the National Lampoon's quote when I was done, "Hell, there's plenty of room!" LOL. The plan is to be able to keep Eleanor in the garage as much as possible throughout this build. Fingers crossed.
First thing that needed to be done was re-label the electric, at least in the engine bay, as the masking tape was disintegrating or illegible. (Glad I made good notes the first time through). Plan on re-wiring the car even though it is completely intimidating me and the more I read to try and quell that aspect the more my head hurts. From there just continued ripping out more of the interior before I ran out of day.

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
No major development yet. Did get most of the remaining interior removed and received a couple of the more exciting purchases for the build to come I thought were worthy to share...Magnus V3 Intake Mani and FF V2 Valve Cover.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4

Vegas Smith

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Nice, National Lampoons quotes. Should be a good build. You've already got some nice stuff. Sorry if I missed it but what's the goal/plan for the car?

DreamChaser7

Supporting VIP
Jul 18, 2019
Valrico, Florida
Nice, National Lampoons quotes. Should be a good build. You've already got some nice stuff. Sorry if I missed it but what's the goal/plan for the car?
So it’s changed a little bit over the years of research so I’m kind of glad I wasn’t able to start spending money on stuff until I did a lot of reading. Although 22 years is a little excessive but hey we’re here now. Basically just want a nasty street car at this point. I need to drive her again before I get much older. Probably won’t drive it much is the reality so def no DD. Weekend cruises maybe the occasional weekend warrior. Will have 93 in it the majority of the time but will go flex fuel in case she ever wants to drink e85 to show off/dyno/etc. I live in Florida so AC is a must if I want to drive it 9 months out of the year. Planning on trying the new FP ZERO BB turbo with the new Morrison Fab stock replacement headers (tested a little better than the FP mani. and looks awesome). No specific demands on HP but anywhere above 500 would make me really happy. On the fence on the ECU stuff at the moment but that’s a ways off so I have time to do more investigation. Always wanted the ecmlink v3, but seems like more people are moving to Link and Haltech now. I’ve done a fair amount of mechanic work on others cars (never any major motor/tranny/ecu stuff) but nothing to this extent so it’s definitely a learning curve.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds