The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

The #1 reason why I hate potato bugs....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2002
TommyPantsdownville, Ohio
(For the record I did use the search before posting and looked in the VFAQ)

OK this is getting nuts, We have been in our new building since May. This is a 3 year old building and its real nice. Well for some crazy reason above & beyond my thinking these damn potato bugs come in to my office in groups and die in the corner. Im not sure if they just come in here to die or they enjoy my choice of colors & texture of flooring. Either way I have found nothing that will do anything to get rid of them.

Is that the scientific name? Potato bugs? I dont even know what they are really named.

WTF!

I have a pile of them in the corner dead on their backs or cured up. I told the landlord we needed some guy to spray for bugs but I think his tank was filled with water or potato bug attracting juice. Damn I hate potato bugs.

Any tips?

potatous buggius actually they are called wood louse..... potato bugs are cool..... they don't hrt anything

Bill? Bill Nye?

[shakehands]

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For the record this is my enemy. They are stupid and they die under my desk. They also die when I run them over with my chairs roller wheels.

Victory is mine. But the war is far from over.

Also, The next two people in this thread take it in the butt. :thumb: :p

knoobs......

These pieces of shist live 3-4 years!!!!!

And they die in my office! LOL

that's where all the bad one's go...... they die from the smell

Well Ive done some research, They "wander" into areas where they cant live (ie, my office) they live on the brink of dehydration. So a long walk around my office will kill them because they cant hold moisture.

What POS's

Well, what about pest control? Bug traps? Checking ventilation for holes where the bugs could possible be? I'd take then ANY day over earwigs aka pincher bugs LOL:thumb:

Originally posted by 1G 4Me
Well, what about pest control? Bug traps? Checking ventilation for holes where the bugs could possible be? I'd take then ANY day over earwigs aka pincher bugs LOL:thumb:

This is a common misconception that Ear wigs are worst then the woodlouse. At least with earwigs they can fight on my desk and I can hold gambling/fights to the death silently under my desk..

You think thats sick! you should see what goes on under my desk...

(That comments open game for hyhena)

I have about 14-17 wood louse with broken timing belts and crankwalk in my corners of my office.

And a rabbit. I dont know how the rabbit made it in here, but its alive so its cool.

must...... hold...... back........can't....get.....banned.........!!!!
gaaah!!!!

Originally posted by AW4G63

This is a common misconception that Ear wigs are worst then the woodlouse. At least with earwigs they can fight on my desk and I can hold gambling/fights to the death silently under my desk..

You think thats sick! you should see what goes on under my desk...

(That comments open game for hyhena)

I got bets on the bigger one LOL

dang, we used to call those rollie pollies when i was a kid, cause they roll up in a ball when you touch them, then you can through them at your sister

Originally posted by Mr.Samples
dang, we used to call those rollie pollies when i was a kid, cause they roll up in a ball when you touch them, then you can through them at your sister

nah, those are slightly different bugs these don't roll up into complete balls

Where the hell is the Comic Book Guy when you need him?

BEST THREAD EVER!

Matt.

wait a minute..are you sure this isnt cucumber posting all these threads..?..like the photosynthesis thread he did..funny though..LOL..:)

That's weird, what we call potato bugs out here are the big Jerusalem Beetles, ugly goddamned things that are a couple of inches long.

Bugs like that picture we always called sow (as in pig) bugs.

It's like a motor that won't turn over, and an engine that won't start, I guess. Communication is weird enough when it works.

Originally posted by Defiant
That's weird, what we call potato bugs out here are the big Jerusalem Beetles, ugly goddamned things that are a couple of inches long.

Bugs like that picture we always called sow (as in pig) bugs.

It's like a motor that won't turn over, and an engine that won't start, I guess. Communication is weird enough when it works.

Well I guess growing up I was always told that they are potato bugs. I never thought twice about it. I cant find anything on the internet calling them that. No one in my office calls them that. WTF? What mean person told me when I was alittle kid to call them potato bugs? They look like potatos from far away.

O well, they suck. Im going to see how many I can roll over with the wheels on my chair today.

Make a bunch of tiny mousetraps, then throw a brick onto a lancer evo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back