The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ThatRacingChannel (TRC) Test & Tune App for the IOS Review!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello, Memebers of DSMTuners!! Im here to give a little review on this TRC Test & Tune App advertised on the youtube channel and videos. I recently downloaded this App A few hours ago and tested it out in my DSM. My car is basically on my page, but if you dont feel like leaving this to view it then here you go. Its a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, My "performance" mods are: Competition Clutch Stage 2 Clutch kit and Lightweight Flywheel, STM Master to Slave SS Clutch line, and K&N Filter. ( I know I have Injen CAI listed, but I just bought it from a member here last week, so Im waiting for it to arrive.) For starters the App is 100% Free, and I saw only 8 reviews and they all gave it 5 stars. So I was like "meh" let me try it out. I did 5 passes, not at the track but on the Autobahn and since here its 12:30 am, hardly anyone is on it driving. The features on this app are of course able to get a full 1/4 pass with your 60 ft and everything else listed plus the location, temp, altitude, density, humidity, speed, blah, blah, blah. Based on what I know its GPS based and its surprisingly very accurate. The App is very user friendly. So I say the reviews were actually right. Like I said I did 5 passes and im posting them in order from my first to last. (Note: Your Pass doesnt start til you come to a complete stop, and when your at a stop you can start anytime you please) Have any questions ask, if not then try it out yourself. Would love to see someone try this App at a real track and compare the numbers, but tell me what you guys think.[DOUBLEPOST=1409830102][/DOUBLEPOST]A pic of the what the app calculated during my passes.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 449
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 375
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 333
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 344
  • photo 5.PNG
    photo 5.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
So I've been drining around with this app, and the biggest thing I hate is how your phone would lock itself with this app on. There are no options to prevent this, and another thing is the ads, bit thats with every app.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back