The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Testing a 4G63 wiring harness last night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That second video was pretty slick.

Thanks! That is how I've always done it, but it dawned on me yesterday that it is really frickin hard to do if you have never done it before! Thus, I Youtube'ed it for the masses.

To be honest, I figured the first video would be more impressive. Ah well. I need to try harder next time.

-Jeremy

I think its more of which one would be usefull to most people. I know lots of people who need to replace or repair a harness connector. However not near as many who need to test a complete harness before they install it.

You make an excellent point! Are there any other DSM wiring related topics that people could benefit from?

-Jeremy

I've often wondered what it would take to make a factory harness into a standalone style for a possible 4g63 transplant; such as which pin #'s can be removed and other needed modifications. If you'd like to shed some light on the subject I'm all ears and would greatly appreciate it.

I like your Pin Removal Tool. :thumb:

I've been using a thick sewing needle, your way looks a lot easier.

I've often wondered what it would take to make a factory harness into a standalone style for a possible 4g63 transplant; such as which pin #'s can be removed and other needed modifications. If you'd like to shed some light on the subject I'm all ears and would greatly appreciate it.

if you look at the wiring diagrams for just about all Mitsubishi's (1G's, 2G's and EVO's i know for a fact) basically if you pull the harness out of the car and use it in conjunction with an ecu that plugs into it you are good to go..... for a 2G car there are only a couple of connectors that are incorporated into the harness that don't do anything with controlling the engine. reverse lights and speed sensor the big one near the coolant catch that sends power to the ecu and relays and that little black box near the BCS that has something to do with the voltage regulator (or so i have been told). everything else you pretty much need for the engine and emissions control.if you really wanted to you could just take the wiring harness and use it as is. all you would have to do is wire in power.... may be add in fan controll, power steering switch, and low oil????

This is true. A 1G harness cleaned up is basically a nice standalone setup. You hook up ~3 wires to power, and 2 grounds, and have yourself a running engine, with a working MPI relay and all.

I haven't played with 2G harnesses before because it seems like nobody wants them. If there is a use for them, I will grab one and customize it for the learning experience. Got any uses for them?

-Jeremy

This is true. A 1G harness cleaned up is basically a nice standalone setup. You hook up ~3 wires to power, and 2 grounds, and have yourself a running engine, with a working MPI relay and all.

I haven't played with 2G harnesses before because it seems like nobody wants them. If there is a use for them, I will grab one and customize it for the learning experience. Got any uses for them?

-Jeremy

same use as a 1G harness for a PNP 4g63T swap. could be used with 98/99 flash ECU and EVO8 ECU..... flash upgradable... and it can pass OBD2 emissions tests (good for newer cars)

Could you take a pic of the big connector that goes to the ecu on both the top and bottom side. That would help me out so much with my wiring situation.

If you tell me why? :D Did you pull all the wires out at once?

-Jeremy

Are there any other DSM wiring related topics that people could benefit from?
-Jeremy

I would like to know if it is possible to buy brand new exact replacement connectors from somewhere. Right now the one I would like to have new is the connector that plugs into the 1990 power transistor. A while back I replaced all the connectors to the ecu but it cost me $100. I bought a Field CN-15 harness from Perfect Run in Australia and cut it up. I would have just bought the 3 connectors if I could have.

Gary

I would like to know if it is possible to buy brand new exact replacement connectors from somewhere. Right now the one I would like to have new is the connector that plugs into the 1990 power transistor. A while back I replaced all the connectors to the ecu but it cost me $100. I bought a Field CN-15 harness from Perfect Run in Australia and cut it up. I would have just bought the 3 connectors if I could have.

Gary

Plugs, Pins, and Connectors - EvoEcu <- 1G - Evo9 Ecu Plugs

If you know the brand and style of connector you can get it from somewhere like Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor

MITSUBISHI CABLE AMERICA, INC. is good for part numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back