The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Testing 90 model TPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD 90 Tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2006
Oklahoma city, Oklahoma
How do you properly test your tps, I have the 90 model so I cant find a article on how to do it my prongs are like this

Please let me know thanks

First check the TPS resistance with the trottle closed. Connect the probes of an ohmm*eter to terminals 2 and 3.
It should read 3.5 to 6.5k
Then check the TPS resistance through a complete range of open and closed throttle.Unplug the electrical connector and connect the probes to terminals 2 and 4. Slowly move the trottle valve and observe a distinct change in resistance. It should range from 1,100 to 5,600ohms.
Check the wirring circuit, by probing each terminal and check for signal voltage with the ignition key in ON. It shouldbe approximately 5.0 volts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back