The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Test Connection on my 1G Talon???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheks_Talon_TSi

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2003
Monterrey, N.L., Central_America
Does someone knows what is this Test connection behind the intake manifold of my 1G Turbo Talon???

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This test connection is in the fire wall... here I have some more pics... take a look!!

One more

Hope someone can give me any idea...

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Gzz.

MrDSM said:
Why do you want to know?

I want to know all I can about my DSM... I was wondering if it is Tach Test connection???

Does anybody knows what is???

Thanks!
Sergio G

Cheks_Talon_TSi said:
I want to know all I can about my DSM... I was wondering if it is Tach Test connection???

Does anybody knows what is???

Thanks!
Sergio G

Yes, it is your Tach connection. I however can never get mine to work properly. The tach I am using doesn't register the engine speed properly... Maybe because I have a '90... I don't know. Maybe there is another type of Tach I need to get, but, I have seen the functionality of the connection. I have tried 2 tachs and all I can see is that the tach in the car shuts off and I can get a reading, if I rev the engine, so, I know it is at least partially working. :) I hope that helps.

Mike

if your tach doesn't work then their is probably something wrong with your primary ignition.

trbotaln said:
if your tach doesn't work then their is probably something wrong with your primary ignition.

Didn't want to hijack the post... but, my in car tach works fine... it's the diagnostic tachs that don't work and when I hook them up to the test connections, they shut off the in car tach until I unplug them. Is it not supposed to do that? I was just giving that information, just in case we need to use a different type of diag tach for our cars. I have one for DIS systems, so, I couldn't imagine what I would need. Just a thought.

Mike

Thanks!!! :thumb:

My purpose is to connect an aftermarket monster tach but I was wondering if that connection will help to do that.... I know the better way is to take the tach signal from the ECU but if that test connection works, that will be easier....

I will try to test my monster tach from there... hope it works

Thanks! :barf:

Sergio G

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back