The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Terrible stall. PLEASE HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyramid

Proven Member
Mar 8, 2014
Topeka, Kansas
Okay so first off when I bought my 95 talon tsi awd it had a blown turbo and the previous owner drove it around with the blown turbo. So I bought a t25 and swapped it without a problem. Took it for a spin and it was all good. Then a few days later I noticed When I started it up the RPMs went from 1k to 800ish. and when I put it in reverse (automatic) the rpms dropped and when I was done reversing it stalled. I did it a few times and it kept stalling. so Then I twisted the BISS and I believe it broke.. I started it then it would stall in idle..
Note; I didn't drawn the oil or anything.

Should I buy this used throttle body? and would that fix my stall after going into reverse? And it starts right back up after it stalls..

Someone please help.

Have you gone through and checked all your vacuum hoses for leaks? The stall sounds vacuum related. Someone that drives a car with a blown turbo obviously has no care or intelligence so there is probably some things to button up. Go through all your hoses, check the MAF out, do a boost leak test, check the plugs and wires, and fix what mistakes this previous owner made.

A new BISS screw is $12 from many vendors.

Have you gone through and checked all your vacuum hoses for leaks? The stall sounds vacuum related. Someone that drives a car with a blown turbo obviously has no care or intelligence so there is probably some things to button up. Go through all your hoses, check the MAF out, do a boost leak test, check the plugs and wires, and fix what mistakes this previous owner made.

Do you have a good vacuum diagram? im new to dsm and automotives. Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back