The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Terminator cobra vs. Evo opinions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
Ill be graduating from school this coming summer as a certified welder and ill finally have adult money and an adult ride :cool: The 2 main cars that really have my interest right now are an 03 04 cobra and an evo 8/9..

Im a die hard mitsu fan and i love my gsx (which will be getting a complete balls out rebuild after im done with school) But ive really been wanting a cobra mustang for a long time as well.. I love evos and have ridden in my friends 10.70s evo and its a freaking blast but i really think it would be fun to have a nice supercharged v8 that has instant power and torque right when you need it.

Which car would you guys perfer? I know both can make substantial hp gains for cheap and each has there benefits..

I really like that the cobra comes with a very strong forged block factory and the 6 speed transmission and everything on it can hold a good amount of hp stock and you can make 500whp almost effortlessly with one..

Any imput on which you guys would perfer would be appreicated! Time flys and its going to be time to upgrade to big boy stuff soon! :D

I'd get the Cobra since you already have an awd platform. It's just a bad ass car plain and simple. Plus it comes with a p*ssy magnet attached already to the car according to Borat :thumb:

I've got 6 or 7 friends who have Terminator or Termi powered Mustangs. I've never driven or ridden in an EVO but I think you should give a Terminator a good look. If you want a car with great styling, tons of aftermarket support, a huge fan following with tons of information, great longevity, fun to drive *my buddy let me borrow his 03 Termi Vert for the 2012 spring Cruise in OC* and an amazing sound when the blower is screaming, I think a Terminator is a perfect option. Go to SVTPerformance.com and look at the other threads people have posted asking the same question. Its a great place to talk to other people and get more information.

cobra all the way. They simply are a massive bang for the buck.

If you're going to have a 4g63 and you just want speed, it's better to just have a DSM imo. Parts are cheaper, a bit easier to work on than an Evo. Don't get me wrong I'd love an Evo but I doubt I ever own one simply for the fact that instead of spending 20k on an Evo i'd rather spend 2-3k on a 1g and then have 10k+ to make it into a complete beast.

Although if I ever have enough extra money (which I wont, LOL@teacher salaries) I'd buy an Evo in a heartbeat for a DD. But since I'm a brokeass I'll probably always end up with a civic for a DD.

Get a cobra, they're simply badass and they have so much potential and are much more easily made into huge horsepower beasts.

See I've been thinking the same things you guys are saying.. I feel like an evo is just a dsm without the rattles and small problems from them being old with a stronger drivetrain and that's it to get much over 500whp safely your going to have to vuild the evo in most cases tho I do have a friend putting down 520whp on e85 on stock 60k bottom end

meh I've seen 500whp on 100k+ bottom ends - its all in the tune/build quality, honestly when it comes to power limitations there isn't much difference. Let the Evo's become as old as the DSM's and many of them will of been through abused lives and become the new DSM, although they might hold a BIT more rarity just because of being less affordable/sold as more higher end than the DSMs were in their time.

I think a cobra would be so freakin badass and that instant torque is so fun! I would rather have a fast dsm than evo cause I believe it takes more to make them fast and keep them running good because of there age

Those Termi's are SCURRY!!! :| I raced a Termi when I had my hx40 powered 1g. It had a built motor and a whipple blower. (3.4 I think) I was on street tires and he was on slicks. His 60' was like 1.57 and mine was 1.8 ish (spun really hard) and he stayed ahead the whole freakin time. He ran a 10.4X and I ran an 11.13 :cry:

Terminator all the way dude, those things are insane.

Termi for sure. I have a really good friend that had a 10.?? sec EVO and he loved that car but ended up selling it and now has a 2003 10th Anniversary Ed Termi and loves it. I turn wrenches alot with him on his car and it actually is a blast to work on also. He has put down around 650 at the rear wheels on the Cobra. I love my DSM and the AWD platform but if I could have both I would get a Cobra also. Go for it man you can't go wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back