The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tell me you’re a die hard without telling me you’re a die hard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You have the right idea! I would love to have a spare 97-99 AWD auto trans for my car. I have tons of spare parts but only a spare 97-99 auto transfer case in terms of drivetrain. Overall drivetrain parts in general are getting more scarce and most people know this so they are either not selling or price is too high.

I drove 5h (10h round trip) on New Years day a few years back to Boston to pick up some free dsm drivetrain parts a guy was tossing(GF told him to clear out the basement LOL). It was first come first serve so I left Quebec at 3am to be there bright and early.

I didn't need any of it but it's never a bad thing to have spares LOL.

You have the right idea! I would love to have a spare 97-99 AWD auto trans for my car. I have tons of spare parts but only a spare 97-99 auto transfer case in terms of drivetrain. Overall drivetrain parts in general are getting more scarce and most people know this so they are either not selling or price is too high.
Yeah for sure. One day, will without a doubt. Got all the driveline parts for below market price. Only way I go auto is if no awd mt left on the planet

I drove 5h (10h round trip) on New Years day a few years back to Boston to pick up some free dsm drivetrain parts a guy was tossing(GF told him to clear out the basement LOL). It was first come first serve so I left Quebec at 3am to be there bright and early.

I didn't need any of it but it's never a bad thing to have spares LOL.

We’ll delivered!! I’m gonna say you’re in the top 3 if there was a ranking related to the topic. Only a very small percentage of us would do that. Can’t believe there was nothing 😂

I work 5am to 5pm with a 30 minute commute each way. I have on many occasions got home and worked on the car until 5am. granted the next way was a day off. Won't lie i have messed stuff up being that tired 😆 If I'm thinking correctly completely obsessed is pretty die hard. Also have two sets of spare axels, 3 sets of plug wires 10 sets of plugs back up IAT, coil transister, MDP, 2gm maps, 3 sets of injectors, 2 Walbro pumps, 2 back up coil packs, 10 genuine Mitsubishi 3000gt oil filters and enough oil for three changes.

Last edited:
Yeah for sure. One day, will without a doubt. Got all the driveline parts for below market price. Only way I go auto is if no awd mt left on the planet

We’ll delivered!! I’m gonna say you’re in the top 3 if there was a ranking related to the topic. Only a very small percentage of us would do that. Can’t believe there was nothing 😂
Came home with 3 awd transmissions, 2 rear diffs and 2 totes of misc parts and all it cost me was about $100 of gas and my time, so pretty good deal :p

Without going to the shop this is what I got. At the shop there's countless dusty boxes of parts. Most are probably garbage but I'm sure there's something good hidden away. Pictures of all that will come later, some stuff I'd be willing to sell.

By the way, happy holidays to everyone and enjoy! :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well I design and make parts for us all so im quite die hard LOL. I got many pics of stuff taken apart to show or made but i could be here all night LOL. Just a few of my valve body i took apart and rebuilt piece by peice mid 2020.

I got a whole bunch of spares and even all the old oem parts stored away in the garage! Never get rod of the oem parts that came off the car

I would take a pic of my 6 Mitsu titles. But they don't count if not road worthy. :hmm:
I like the call.

Life’s essentials

I like the call.

Life’s essentials
That euro sport tool :thumb::applause:

As for the tensioner rod I modified my 2g motor mount bracket so it’ll work with the 6 bolt setup. I plugged the original 7 bolt tensioner hole. I have a spare if I need to go back

Anyone here who knows all of these tools is die hard in my opinion :thumb:
I need to change the paper clip lifter bleeder to something stronger. Any recommendations? Hope I don’t have to use it anytime soon LOL

I need to change the paper clip lifter bleeder to something stronger. Any recommendations? Hope I don’t have to use it anytime soon LOL
I use welding wire as its strong enough and also very straight (tig wire)

Anyone here who knows all of these tools is die hard in my opinion :thumb:
These tools are great and very helpful, used them a few times and i got my friends 1G to do shortly so will be using it then also

Does it work on 1g lifters? They’re still working great LOL.
I use 0.8mm wire and the 1G lifter is 1mm so should still work fine. The stock 2G lifters were also quite small and i think are similer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back