The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General Technomotive Stage 3 ECU Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOSPYDER

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 21, 2002
Daly City, BAY_AREA
Anyone have this in their ECUs? If so, how do you like it and what advantages and disadvantages are with this mods? Thanks for the info

TMO website has answers to your quesstion.
Advantage:
- Rise revlimiter to your desire
- No fuel cut
- Gauge mod (o2, battery, IPW, timing, octane)
- Stutter box 4k-6k w/ 500 increment
- Clutch cut (stutter for shifting)
- Valet security
- Failure blinker code
- Shift light
- Improve ET if used correctly

Disadvantage
- Catastrophic if not used correctly. LOL..
- Required EPROM ECU adding more cost.
- Required other supporting mods to fully make use of it's ability. For eg, rising rev limiter and high rpm shifts means you need to beef up your valve train, block and tranny.

I got stage 3 mods. If you have an eprom ecu then go do it. I have all the mods exept those security and convinience mods. My rev limiter is set at 8500 rpm's OMG it's a lot of fun.

how exactly does the stutterbox work when launching? do you hold the clutch in while the gas is floored with the rpms bouncing off of the rev limit at the selected rpm?

Yes, the stutterbox works just like what you guys are thinking. Holding the clutch in while flooring it, depending on the size of the turbo, you will build somewhere from 5psi-10psi when launching. The clutch cut work just like the stutterbox but only when your car is moving. This allow you to floor the gas pedal while shifting. If you are slow at shifting, it will bounce at 6krpm.

Btw, I have seen multiple 8k rev without any problem. Our stock valvetrain can actually handle them to 8k without much problem.

Originally posted by -=TWITCH=-
you must have some vavle work done to rev to 8500
how do you like the stutter box launch control?

Look at my wishlist, it includes a racing cyl head. I don't worry about overreving because my stutterbox will kick in at 6000. I like the launching rpm selector. I have it set at 4500 rpm's but I go part trottle, if i hold it full trottle i will build boost and spin the tires like crazy.

oh yeah and that ecu came off an AWD car so all that crap about the maps are different because of the gearing difference is just a bunch of crap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back