The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Team EVO totaled - Bull (sh*t, errr) Run TV Show on Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man dam the show i could never see myself driving my car through a freaking gate.See the test car they used to show the course had something like a crash bar,man i tell u i felt it for team evo.

Yea, I was pissing my wife off picking out things like and yelling at the TV. Why is Team EVO the only one being harassed about speeding when EVERYONE was speeding. And why did they finish the 3rd leg in 1st place, but start the 4th lag in last place?!? And how did Team Lexus win?!? Looks like the cars weren't the only things getting serviced.

Just downloaded it and watched the episode. Car is pretty much trashed. Goldberg said stay the course, guess u can say NO traction, they do have a law suit becuase of the car getting totaled(by means of the show)......Still don't see how the dart beat the EVO in the course though...

Just downloaded it and watched the episode. Car is pretty much trashed. Goldberg said stay the course, guess u can say NO traction, they do have a law suit becuase of the car getting totaled(by means of the show)......Still don't see how the dart beat the EVO in the course though...

where did you download it from?

That show is such shit. I was so pissed off when I saw that Evo crash. Very pissed. Then all the people on the show were such pricks about it. Those Lexus girls aren't anything special at all. They're not hot or anything. They're just some rich girls who I promise you can't drive; yet they beat the Evo that run? Yeah, okay...

Watched a few episodes, sad to hear that the beast is wrecked. I need to download that episode and watch it.

I watched all the episodes last night. Speed had them one after another. They did make the Evo guys seem like pricks, but the editing was really weird. That Dart drove soooooooooo much slower than the Evo.

Oh, and about that part where they were helping the Dart and not the Evo....
There really wasn't much they could do. They showed a shot of the destruction while it was on the lift. Every thing even close to that front corner was toast. I think the drive shaft wouldn't even reach the transfer case.

Every show needs a bad guy. The Evo guys had the most badass looking car. They were and obvious choice. They could have made them seem like airheads. The girl in the Ferrari seemed like a complete ditz.

I really wish Speed would get some good shows back on it. Pinks isn't even worth watching. It's a poorly setup bracket race. Pinks All Out, on the other hand, is much much better. I just wish they'd show more than just muscle cars. I'm tired of seeing Darts, Stangs, and Cudas.

I really wish Speed would get some good shows back on it. Pinks isn't even worth watching. It's a poorly setup bracket race. Pinks All Out, on the other hand, is much much better. I just wish they'd show more than just muscle cars. I'm tired of seeing Darts, Stangs, and Cudas.

...do you remember the 1st episode of pinks...?

it was on a dark track, no fans and crap, and 2 street cars. a Firebird and a Camaro...

and the 1st season had quite a few imports.

...do you remember the 1st episode of pinks...?

it was on a dark track, no fans and crap, and 2 street cars. a Firebird and a Camaro...

and the 1st season had quite a few imports.

I think that was the one that was at my local dragstrip in Cedar Falls Iowa. They did one of the first shows there anyways....

No one is hating on the EVO guys because they have a problem with their car. Everyone hated the EVO guys because they talked sh*t about everyone, saying their car was the best, blah blah blah. It was their attitude that got them where they ended up. Their attitude was why no one wanted to help them.

If any other team went in with the same attitude, they would be getting the same effect from the rest of the players.

Also, the show isn't about the fastest car, its about your ability to drive the car you have to the best of its/your potential, to be able to work as one with your teammate, and to know how to read a map. Its not about who has the fastest, most expensive car.

I just want to know how an EVO gets beat by a Dodge Dart, on gravel, with a 50 year old doing the running? And the Dart didn't have to do 60mph at the finish either.

I know what why he crashed. He took his eyes off the finish and just looked at the fence. He hits the fence with his foot to the floor and the front LSD makes the car go where the wheels are pointed. He never turned the wheel or lifted for that matter and by the time he figured out where the car was actually going it was to late. Its an easy mistake to make.

We decided they took longer because they seemed to take forever putting their helmets on. And the fact that the guy that didn't own the car was driving it was the reason for the crash, it wasn't his car.. he didn't drive it every day like the owner did, he didn't know the car. It makes a huge difference when you are driving an unfamiliar car.

No one is hating on the EVO guys because they have a problem with their car. Everyone hated the EVO guys because they talked sh*t about everyone, saying their car was the best, blah blah blah. It was their attitude that got them where they ended up. Their attitude was why no one wanted to help them.

If any other team went in with the same attitude, they would be getting the same effect from the rest of the players.

Also, the show isn't about the fastest car, its about your ability to drive the car you have to the best of its/your potential, to be able to work as one with your teammate, and to know how to read a map. Its not about who has the fastest, most expensive car.

You obviously, didn't read the entire thread. I could pieces of you quote and make you look like a total retard or a genius. I just pick the words I want to guide the attitude of the post the way I want. The way you are thinking are exactly what the are aiming to do.

We decided they took longer because they seemed to take forever putting their helmets on. And the fact that the guy that didn't own the car was driving it was the reason for the crash, it wasn't his car.. he didn't drive it every day like the owner did, he didn't know the car. It makes a huge difference when you are driving an unfamiliar car.

You decided? Didn't know reality was based on your opinion of limited footage. The EVO guys kept saying (on the forums) that the times almost seemed made up. A clear example of this is how the came in first on episode 3 and still left last because of the "cumulative time" theory.

Sorry, Kris.

But now you don't have to give the garbage show any more ratings. Actually speed channel in general has really hit rock bottom. Their reality TV is far from it. And the closest thing the have to racing (other then NASCAR) is Monster Trucks. Other then that its' all "Pinks" and "Pimp my Ride"

Speed channel has been sorry as hell since they stopped showing WRC events years ago!

Saw the episode last night. EVO guys decided they would try going flat out past the gate, which is what they claimed as their strategy. Then they caught some air as they even said and couldn't use their brakes, then understeered badly, then smacked the concrete block which was WAY off to the side. Every competitor avoided it and it was understood you needed to turn LEFT immediately after clearing the gate. Going WOT before having to make a left turn is going to cause massive understeer. Bad tactics, predictable result. Stupid show anyway. I caught a little bit of some kickass rally on Speedvision, I'm tired of this reality show crap.

So I hacked you posts and edited as I wanted to. Everyone word in the below post(s). Were taken from your own post. I also added replies to you edited posts to amuse myself.

We decided that you are the best and have huge potential.
Why, thank you.;)

We like hating on everyone, because they have an EVO. We ended up putting sh*t in their helmets and that is the reason for the crash.
Oh, wow. :|That's not cool. Actually, that's kinda f*cked up.

We know not how to read.
:confused:Wait, so how are you using the webernet?

Wow, so how does everything end up as an internet fight, taking low blows.. its really nice. Maybe there is a guys-only rule I didn't know about.. I'll leave you boys to your arguments...

Everyone hated the EVO guys because they talked sh*t about everyone, saying their car was the best, blah blah blah.

So they look like assholes because they were truthful? LOL, They were going up against a VW bus, lexus, a damn avalanche. How does a AWD car lose a race in the gravel against RWD cars? :ohdamn:

Wow, so how does everything end up as an internet fight, taking low blows.. its really nice. Maybe there is a guys-only rule I didn't know about.. I'll leave you boys to your arguments...
I wouldn't call it a fight. But you see how editting can change an entire conversation to mean something totally different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back