The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Team EVO totaled - Bull (sh*t, errr) Run TV Show on Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserspeeddemon

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 26, 2002
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Here’s my thoughts:
First off, you can't believe everything you see on the TV show, it is VERY easy to manipulate footage. But there are something’s you can't manipulate. I think it was a very bad and unsafe idea to choose a finish line where not only there is concrete slabs sticking out a mere 12-16 inches out of the ground less then 20 yards away, but where the car is coming around a corner at full speed. No sanctioned league would put their competitors in that kind of danger. That is gross negligence that could have resulted in very serious injuries. I KNOW the producers say them and just figured "Meh, it's far enough out of the way. It'll be aright." Not taking into account that the car would be coming through the fence 60+ mph
Secondly, the peanut gallery was talking about how THEY saw it. I don't know where they were sitting, but I know for sure it wasn't in the drivers seat of the EVO. So discount anything the say. The EVO was lowered with a very stiff setup, this was evident from the way it bounced off the tiny mound coming through the gate, which sent it careening out of control. So at that speed and with such a low ride height, there would be NO way someone looking AT the track would see that slab off the track in the mounds and bumps.
Lastly, the driver of team EVO had some responsibility, even though it would be little. I would say they are responsible for leaving the track, due to the inexperience of off road racing. But I would not say they are responsible for totaling the car. I would put that on the producers of BullRun. BTW you could see both of the other teams veer left coming through the finish line since, they saw the consequences of going (wide) to the left.

Last comment. It's odd how when Team EVO wrecked. Everyone was just critizing them they even left the car there making it ANOTHER hazard for the other drivers. You even saw it when Team Avalanche crossed the line, but when Team Dart rolled their car, SHOWING OFF after the event. Everyone was aaaaah pity them. The entire cast, crew, even that tool Goldberg, H*ll even ALL of the other competitors came to check it out and lend a hand.

I heard about they event, but wanted to see it for myself. After this, I will not be watching the rest of their season. Also, the owner and sponsor (I believe) of Team EVO is actually suing the show for their part. As well, as not releasing the car. In fact, Team EVO is the ONLY team that has not gotten their car back.

If I'm not mistaken both Team Evo and Team Dart were in the shop with some time to get fixed...but did you notice how everyone went to the Dart and nobody went to help the Evo? Also your right bout everyone showing pity for the Dart and no remorse for the Evo...

I think it was pure neglegence not to move that slab of concrete til the race was over...also they should have had some cones on the track to at least give the drivers some idea on which way to go out the gate...like they do in every other area where to turn pull in etc...

At the very end of the show they had the evo pulled out by a forklift while it was completely dark outside, while the dart was immediatly pulled out by a flat bed with plently of daylight...

they are hating on us DSM'rs and Evo owners. They are mad because we beat them all day.

I'm getting ready to watch the episode in a couple of moments. From what I have gathered, the show screwed up. As for showing sympathy to team Evo, I wouldn't to save my life. Those guys have got to be the most arrogant and stuck up punks I've ever seen. They have no respect for anybody, they deserve what they get from other people. As for the car getting screwed up, like I stated, I haven't watched it yet. Being 2 cars where wrecked, I'm thinking the show is to blame, but we will see.

Because they are sueing the show, they are being betrayed as total a*sholes. You should see how they really are when everything isn't spliced to make a new story. Converstaions that took place on totally different days where spliced together to complete change the direction of the dialouge. I've seen this down PLENTY of times on other shows and law suits filed for the same thing.

I told you not to listen to how the show plays them, they are just sour that they are getting sued.

dude you are completely right and for those who automatically assume team evo is a bunch of dumbasses, well youve been successfully manipulated to what tv producers want you to think...

notice how the only time you will see team evo is when they are saying something completely stupid or cocky..

if you took ANYONES conversation through out an entire day, you could either take that material and use the persons good dialogue to make them look like a saint, or you could take their crap and make them look like an idiot which is what speed does to the only non-mainstream import on the show.. of course all the domestics get the love on bull run what do you expect.. and that show really doesnt have anything to do with driver skill like last weeks episode with the blindfolded driving WTF was that??

i cant watch any reality shows anymore knowing that they are all so fake.. which is most of tv now a days.. i just play COD or forza instead of watch tv

Bullrun:notgood:

..is there anything up from them up on the evo forums..?

even tho the show makes them seem like huge ass holes, i love it...LOL

Team Evo owners long time ago posted that they did not win, that the stunt team totaled their car in an event. They also have let us know that the TV show has not replaced or returned their car, and that they filed suit. They also stated that they expected the cutting of the footage to be very negative of them on this.

That is the cliff notes about what has been released by the owner of the car. He cannot say anymore because of the pending lawsuit.

Those guys have got to be the most arrogant and stuck up punks I've ever seen. They have no respect for anybody, they deserve what they get from other people. As for the car getting screwed up, like I stated, I haven't watched it yet. Being 2 cars where wrecked, I'm thinking the show is to blame, but we will see.

They are actually pretty nice guys, pretty knowledgeable too, if you bothered to reach out to them outside of that retarded show. You are exactly the type of person the show tries to manipulate.

They had a thread on one of the EVO forums a while back. But not only did it get closed, most of Team EVOs response was removed pending the lawsuit.

It's funny how Team lexus comes in and tries to act like pretty little angels. They deny telling the producers that Team EVO was speeding, but the take video of it and that same video appeared on the internet. In the video all they do is whine about how Team EVO was speeding and cheating. Watching the first few episodes I only say Team VW not pass cars like they were flying.

shows a joke now, took it off my dvr......

SPOILERS.

Damnit Sean. I'm a week behind on watching this program. ;)

Sorry, Kris.

But now you don't have to give the garbage show any more ratings. Actually speed channel in general has really hit rock bottom. Their reality TV is far from it. And the closest thing the have to racing (other then NASCAR) is Monster Trucks. Other then that its' all "Pinks" and "Pimp my Ride"

I miss rally.

[+++++++++1]

I just want to know how an EVO gets beat by a Dodge Dart, on gravel, with a 50 year old doing the running? And the Dart didn't have to do 60mph at the finish either.

I know what why he crashed. He took his eyes off the finish and just looked at the fence. He hits the fence with his foot to the floor and the front LSD makes the car go where the wheels are pointed. He never turned the wheel or lifted for that matter and by the time he figured out where the car was actually going it was to late. Its an easy mistake to make.

Ok, I have never seen the show before (this seasons), I don't know about the drama or lawsuits or forum posts. I just watched this episode....

They drove off course and into a concrete block. No drama, so setup, no EVO hating. Just, driver error.:ohdamn:

I just want to know how an EVO gets beat by a Dodge Dart, on gravel, with a 50 year old doing the running? And the Dart didn't have to do 60mph at the finish either.

I know what why he crashed. He took his eyes off the finish and just looked at the fence. He hits the fence with his foot to the floor and the front LSD makes the car go where the wheels are pointed. He never turned the wheel or lifted for that matter and by the time he figured out where the car was actually going it was to late. Its an easy mistake to make.

Even his alliance admitted he said that he was gonna just go straight and pin it before they ran there car. So he was planning to do what he did.

Yeah, there's a big on going thread on EvoM (one that hasn't been closed yet). I haven't seen the third fourth episode yet, but its obvious up until this point who Team Evo is being painted as the enemy. The even seem to come in first a couple of legs, but get pushed way down in the standings for no apparent reason. They never show actual times for the stages, except for the challenges. The show is a crock.

If I'm not mistaken both Team Evo and Team Dart were in the shop with some time to get fixed...but did you notice how everyone went to the Dart and nobody went to help the Evo? Also your right bout everyone showing pity for the Dart and no remorse for the Evo...

I think it was pure neglegence not to move that slab of concrete til the race was over...also they should have had some cones on the track to at least give the drivers some idea on which way to go out the gate...like they do in every other area where to turn pull in etc...

At the very end of the show they had the evo pulled out by a forklift while it was completely dark outside, while the dart was immediatly pulled out by a flat bed with plently of daylight...

I agree. :thumb:
they are hating on us DSM'rs and Evo owners. They are mad because we beat them all day.

True that.

People didn't like them cause they know they can't compete against good car.

Sorry, Kris.

But now you don't have to give the garbage show any more ratings. Actually speed channel in general has really hit rock bottom. Their reality TV is far from it. And the closest thing the have to racing (other then NASCAR) is Monster Trucks. Other then that its' all "Pinks" and "Pimp my Ride"

Well I wouldnt really bash pinks or pinks all out. Any show that puts drag racing in a positive view of the public is good news. Too many people have the "guns are bad" view of drag racing! It's a sport that most people never get to see except on Fast and the Furious LOL. And for pimp my ride.....your telling me you dont enjoy seeing some of those monstrosity's they build LOL??? I remember watching it on MTV and right after pimp my ride came "My life as a street racer" now that was load of crap!

Yeah, there's a big on going thread on EvoM (one that hasn't been closed yet). I haven't seen the third fourth episode yet, but its obvious up until this point who Team Evo is being painted as the enemy. The even seem to come in first a couple of legs, but get pushed way down in the standings for no apparent reason. They never show actual times for the stages, except for the challenges. The show is a crock.

Dude i agree, they did some shaddy stuff like that too last season.

I wanna know how the evo guys got to the finish line a full 30min before anyone else in episode 3 and still didnt come in 1st, the cars leave 2 min apart form eachother yet the lexus girls got there like 3rd or fouth and the won. How does a car leave liek 10min after another car get there 30min before anyother car but still loose? Deosnt make sense

What i do remember hearing is goldberg saying now remember this was an overall event, so they added the times from episode 1 and 2 together with 3 but that was the only episode they did that for. All the other episodes the car that got there first came in first but when evo did they werent first. WTF?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back