The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

TB Seals? STM vs MIL.SPEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst_spyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
So I need to replace the seals on my throttle body. I see that there are two sets of seals out there. STM and MIL.SPEC. Only a few dollars between them. The only thing that I can see that is different is that the MIL.SPEC looks to have metal case, where as the STM ones look like plastic, is this it?

Anyone use both sets?

Ok so thats it? So the STM seals would be better since it could seal better to the tb itself?

Ok, sounds good. I'll get the STM ones then.

Anyone recommendation. Take that throttle body with you to lowe's or whereever, and get a screw driver that fits the screws in the shaft/throttle plate exactly, and has a hardened tip.

The screws in that shaft are peened and are very easy to strip. I would recommend smacking the end of the screw driver hard enough to get a good bite, but not so hard you bend the throttle shaft. If it starts to slip, stop. Get some wd-40 liquid wrench or pb-blaster and spray around the screw, go check the mail or something and come back. If you strip the screw you will have to drill it out, and that sucks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back