The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Tanabe Coilover Setup for 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclpsegsx12

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
Does anyone have any experience with these? Its basically like a Tien SS full true coilover setup but is said to be better.....Im seriously thinking about getting these in place of my skunk 2's on gr2's....If anyone has some useful info to give me, that would be awesome...

I would also like to hear anyone's experience with these. I'm interested in the Tanabes because of their softer spring rates, and hopefully the shocks are tuned to match ( or vice versa? ).

A friend of mine felt they were too soft in his 2G GST. He had the orange Sustecs and the car literally will tilt if you push by the C-pillar.

We swapped them for a set of Intrax coilovers.

I have the orange gf210's with the kyb gr-2's in my fwd n i like it.... i havent drove it much or even reely pushed it through corners yet....and the ride isnt that much stiffer then stock.

eclpsegsx12 said:
http://www.thespeedfactor.com/coilover_dsm2.html

Im looking at getting the Sustec SS-II ......i wish more people were familiar with these.

Im on skunk 2' with gr2s and is definently not for me.....i want a very good suspension setup

If you're looking for a "Very Good" suspension setup you're going to have to go better than Tanabe's rather half-assed offerings, no offense.

Why are they half-assed? and what do you reccomend other than the almighty JIC 2500 dollar setup

You dont have to go that extreme.

How about the Tein Basic Coilover system? They are a very reputable company and offer many different types of dampers..

Apex'i World Sport Coilovers - my best buddy has it. Very nice ride, and nice cornering.

well, i heard the lower end of tien (basic, SS) are not that great at all....

i can get the JIC FLT-2's for 1500 shipped...its very tempting...VERY

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back