The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

TalonDave raises the bar in 2013 - 9.20 @ 154.32; 60mm HX40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah definitely, probably couldn't have done it without them! Also add my wife to the team, definitely couldn't have done it without her! She even clicked in my hood pins for the first pass.

That 9.20 pass was on 37 psi and 70 lbs/min, so once I get the new built tcase in we're going to up the boost to 42 psi, and hope for the best!:sneaky:

I'm loving the results. I'm changing things around alot this year, but still looking forward to a street car.

Yeah definitely, probably couldn't have done it without them! Also add my wife to the team, definitely couldn't have done it without her! She even clicked in my hood pins for the first pass.

That 9.20 pass was on 37 psi and 70 lbs/min, so once I get the new built tcase in we're going to up the boost to 42 psi, and hope for the best!:sneaky:

Holy shit 70 lbs/min thats fing awesome. You are def. pushing some air with that thing.

That is awesome to hear that Airflow. My setup at 28psi(45psi total) on the secondary when it was making 640ish to the wheel is flowing 78lb/min at 6.5k. Im stoked to see what this HX52 does at the track.

Good runs! Keep up the good work. Seems like the drag section has been a little dead lately from everyone getting over the winter season, so this is a good wake up video.

I vote for...

-1.4 60 foot (or better)
-T3 .82 housing
-200 pound weight reduction
=first Holset HX40 in the 8's :hellyeah:

BTW 3 MPH, and 2-3 lb/min more on the cast 6 blade vs the Batmo? hmm. Batmo seems like a huge waste of money on the HX40. Thoughts?

Very impressive built. Congrats!

Wow, perfect timing, I just bought an HX40 with the factory billet wheel for my diesel 6.2 or a friends 6.5, but thought about putting it on my 16 valve 2.5 minivan, posted up on my forum and this thread got linked.

What housing are you using? Thanks and great builds on this site, long time lurker.

Simon

I vote for...

-1.4 60 foot (or better)
-T3 .82 housing
-200 pound weight reduction
=first Holset HX40 in the 8's :hellyeah:
Or he could just cut a 1.4 and add 5lbs of boost. Sounds a lot cheaper/easier. :D
BTW 3 MPH, and 2-3 lb/min more on the cast 6 blade vs the Batmo? hmm. Batmo seems like a huge waste of money on the HX40. Thoughts?
Car's also a few hundred lighter than it was...keep that in mind. BatMoWheel is effective, just not worth the price tag unless you're sitting on a HX40 with a damaged 7-blade 60mm compressor. Like Ricky said earlier:

...doesnt mean the batmowheel didnt spool faster or may have even had higher peak numbers ... But where we were and what we saw with that particular setup was the batmowheel wasnt helping...

Wow, perfect timing, I just bought an HX40 with the factory billet wheel for my diesel 6.2 or a friends 6.5, but thought about putting it on my 16 valve 2.5 minivan, posted up on my forum and this thread got linked.

What housing are you using? Thanks and great builds on this site, long time lurker.

Simon

Your welcome, Simon. ;)

Just in case you can't see his profile for some reason:
"Holset HX40pro 6 blade with BEP T3/ .70 ar 3" V-band turbine housing"

Awesome, thanks. Where do you get one? :cool:

Just in case you can't see his profile for some reason:
"Holset HX40pro 6 blade with BEP T3/ .70 ar 3" V-band turbine housing"

Sorry, didn't think to look there, we don't have that really on my Dodge forum.

Very impressive, good work! Nice and light too.

impressive Dave, congrats!

Do you know the weight of the car by chance?

Also, what is the rate of the springs you are using? Reason I ask is because I spoke with Kevin (Kiggly) about this issue to help prevent breaking axles, t-cases, diffs, trans, so on. I was informed that the best setup is a 600 lbs spring in the rear and a 450 lbs in the front. Also if using AGX struts or coilovers to set the damper to the max stiffness. He also told me that if needed to use limiting straps in the front.

He informed me of this since his buddy had this same issue with his 1G AWD. No matter what he upgraded he kept breaking the next weak link in the drivetrain setup (axles, T-case, rear Diff, Driveshaft, trans, center diff, so on) He was originally using KYB AGX shocks and Eibach springs. He told me he just bought some cheap Ebay slip on coilovers and custom springs from summit (like afco or some other cheap brand, you can also get custom springs from Eibach). Once he did this and put some limiting straps on the front of the car he no longer had an issue with breaking parts.

Before he told me that if he cut anything in the 1.4 60ft area something would break, after switching to really stiff springs and the straps he didn't have that problem anymore that the car was cutting 1.4's consistently.

I'm not a know it all by any means, just thought I'd share some information given to me by a renowned Racer.

Me personally, I've decided to ditch the KYB AGX's and go to a full coilover so I can get some more wheel width clearance and just swap the springs for custom Eibach springs (which you can also get from Summit)

BTW could someone clue me in on the Holset HX40 Dave is running. I have absolutely no knowledge of holset turbos, except that they come off diesel motors.

What is the A/R, how many lbs per min does it flow, what size is the inducer and exducer?

I'm really curious as to how this turbo compares to a Garrett, Precision, or BW turbo. Thank you for any information.

Dave's car has a 60mm/86mm compressor HX40, good for ~70lbs/min in an open T3 .70A/R hotside with a 76/64 turbine wheel.

Closely resembles a Borg S200sx with 59/81 compressor and 74/64 turbine, which also has a .70 T3 available from BEP, which was good on my car for ~67lbs/min. Both turbo's have several housing options.

The closest Garrett I can find to it is the GT3782 JB unit.. 59/81 compressor, 72mm turbine inducer in a 1.12A/R housing. Good for only about ~55-56lbs/min.

impressive Dave, congrats!

Do you know the weight of the car by chance?.

2297 without me, and I weight 220.
And I have no clue what the spring rate is. I need to get a better suspension, but that's gonna have to wait, cause I need a better stronger bottom end. So that's gonna have to happen first, then I'll move on to the suspension.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back