The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Talon Splash Shields

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurred Talon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Paradise, NL_Canada
I want to replace all the splash shields on my car because they are either broken or cut up.

I know the Talon uses different fender splash shields then the Eclipse. Dodge doesn't make them anymore; what are my options for replacements? I see some listed on eBay as being for the Talon but have a feeling they are actually Eclipse ones. Has anyone bought the ones off eBay? Does the 96 and 97 use the same one even though the bumpers changed?

On either side of the engine; there are splash shields. Are these the same on the Eclipse and Talon?

Lol, I am pretty sure 99.912% of people either don't replace those, threw them away, or left shards of black plastic on a speed bump somewhere shortly after lowering the car.

Best bet would be a junkyard.

Last edited by a moderator:
OEM Vendor (if they are any) or junkyard for the fender ones. I bought some ebay replacements for my 98 Integra and quality was really cheap/crappy & fitment was terrible too. So I vote for real OEM. The engine ones should be the same (I would think). I have mines off (engine ones) and can snap a few pics to compare if needed. My fender ones are hacked up so yeah ROFL

TheDSMGraveyard supposedly have OEM ones in stock. Shoot JNZ an email aswell.

Fender splash guards

DSM Graveyard - Your #1 Source for DSM Parts!

Engine/trans guards.

Lol, I am pretty sure 99.912% of people either don't replace those, threw them away, or left shards of black plastic on a speed bump somewhere shortly after lowering the car.

Best bet would be a junkyard.

I've still got the OEM fender ones, I could keep them I guess LOL. At least that way if I NEED to cut them up I won't feel bad. I need to reattach them to the bumper some how.

Try autopartswarehouse.com I've seen them their before.

Sent From My Sidekick 4g, Because I can.

Thanks man.

OEM Vendor (if they are any) or junkyard for the fender ones. I bought some ebay replacements for my 98 Integra and quality was really cheap/crappy & fitment was terrible too. So I vote for real OEM. The engine ones should be the same (I would think). I have mines off (engine ones) and can snap a few pics to compare if needed. My fender ones are hacked up so yeah ROFL

TheDSMGraveyard supposedly have OEM ones in stock. Shoot JNZ an email aswell.

Fender splash guards

Engine/trans guards.

Pictures would be great. I don't see why they would be different; the only difference is the bumpers.

I'd like to avoid DSM Graveyard, took forever to get my parts last time.
I'll stick with JNZ!

sorry to bring this forum back to life but when it rains my alternator squeal just changed the alt over the weekend upgraded to the 90 amp. I have a 91 eagle talon. does anyone know where I can get the lower splash shield. It wasn't on there when I bought the car. also my driver side one is all chewed up. was thinking of just getting plastic and replicating the right side one reversed to make my driver side one. checked all the sites you posted on here couldn't find the parts there. found the wheel splash shields on ebay but not the engine trans one.

thanks for the help

sorry to bring this forum back to life but when it rains my alternator squeal just changed the alt over the weekend upgraded to the 90 amp. I have a 91 eagle talon. does anyone know where I can get the lower splash shield. It wasn't on there when I bought the car. also my driver side one is all chewed up. was thinking of just getting plastic and replicating the right side one reversed to make my driver side one. checked all the sites you posted on here couldn't find the parts there. found the wheel splash shields on ebay but not the engine trans one.

thanks for the help

Just get them from the mitsu dealership. I got my drivers side one for like $12.

Just get them from the mitsu dealership. I got my drivers side one for like $12.

only problem with that is the one nearest to me is open like 9 to 5 mon through friday and I work 1030 to 7 LOL. however I will figure out a way to do that since I can't find them anywhere else. well I can't find the lower shield anywhere I should say can find the wheel ones on ebay for like 26 dollars and other sites for around the same amount.

Hey bud:

I just replaced all my plastics up front on the 97 I bought. Here is where I found everything.

Transmission side shield - Ebay used or M&S recycling used. Can be from an eclipse GST or GSX or talon TSi or TSi AWD, 2ga or 2gb they are all the same
Motor side shield - ebay used, or M&S recycling used. Can be from an eclipse GST or GSX or talon TSI or TSi AWD, 2ga or 2gb they are all the same
Drivers fender well cover (covers ABS motor) - Ebay new. They are out there and available
Passenger fender well cover (covers stock inter cooler) - Ebay new - They are out there and available

All the clips you need are in stock at most Mitsubishi dealers.

Take the time and track everything down. You wont be sorry. It makes the car look 100% better, and 100% more solid. The under plastics help keep the front bumper cover from moving back and forth when your driving. They also keep the car from looking like a ratted out Honduh :)

Now if I can only find the driver and passenger side Bumper air ducts for a 2GB talon id be in business.

Good Luck!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back