The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Talon Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mafesta

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2013
payson, Utah
So I recently started my Talon restoration project. FIgure i'll keep this updated as I go along. Lets see here where to start its a AWD TSI, purchased about 2 weeks back.

what I've done in the past week, Had a ton of work done so far. Front control arms both sides replaced, u-joints replaced, sway bar's front and rear replaced. Alignment done. However here is the weird thing on the freeway, (40+ mph) when I go to make any kind of left turn the entire rear end tends to go side to side. Now it's not like the tires are loosing grip it just starts doing this rear swivel, I can control it by taking the turn a little wider, IE not cutting it as close in the line, but this isn't always possible. Love to get this fixed if anyone has any idea as to what it could be.

Work to come; so the other day I drained the oil to do an oil change, oil came out relatively clean, a touch dirty but not to bad. refilled the oil started the car up and "fantastic" rod knock. Yay, so Monday of next week the block goes to the machine shop for a rebuild. Love peoples opion on that rear end issue though :banghead:

wouldn't that come up in the alignment? my alignment guy is really good, and he didn't notice any issues at all with any parts of the alignment except what I mentioned above.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back