The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Talon G1 Concept Convertable. 1990 Detroit Autoshow Release car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990 Talon tsi turbo concept convertible. I have told the story of this car here is more. After setting up this car to show again after being stored in a warehouse for almost 30 years. I started re-mounting the sun visors. Included with the car was the complete engineering specs on both the original top and a new version installed in 2000. Apparently the original was binding and had to be re worked. The car was not even Titled until 1998 for the first time.
Chrysler does not have the vin in their system. They have the one below and one above. Currently working on the paint has some slight defects im hoping to solve before it's first car show. The rear fenders started showing some stress or flexing I managed to fix the fenders and was given a design for some support bars to correct the issue.

Last edited:
Newest Trophy

Attachments

• 20201017_183344.jpg
    20201017_183344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Is this the laser you were discussing? Same builders?
The rear body is the most interesting as it appears to be moulded in. Lots of different things vs the production cars too.
Front and rear fascia etc.
1988_Mitsubishi_X2S_Roadster_Concept_01.jpg

This is fascinating. As someone not even born yet I really dig the wacky history of these cars. Subscribed

What do you mean by paint defects? like micro scratches or discoloration or?

Cracks and waves in the fender. Where the reinforcement was removed then added back to the structure. The fender was fixed a long time ago but the paint was not.

Time to update this build. So far all new tires and the exact rims it had on it before was put on. Factory rims and original tires was removed for storage. Targa cover still being built was delayed due to ice and snow from north Texas storms. New windshield is going to be installed after targa is finished it is in town waiting. Was the last one in the southern area to fit my car. So after this one no more replacement. Im looking at redoing the seat belt system that was installed possibly a different 3 point or 5 for it. Roll cage has been discussed but I will have to do more details with cage builder. Will proboly end up going to Indiana with the car itself to have it bent correctly.

Build book is on it's way just got the tracking number. I cannot publicly post all the book because of NDA's while is it unlikely after 30 years it will be enforced. I will honor it for the builders.

And you asked a question I try and avoid. The car will not be for sale to my knowledge. I do not have an interest in selling it in all honesty. I really enjoy having an actual concept to bring to shows because no one see's them ever. It geta noticed and is always the rarest car at any show unless Leno shows up 😆. And I like the car it is fun driving but when I do drive it because I am always torn between driving or preserving the miles. Which is the problem with a rare car because you are litterly 1 moron away from it being destroyed. Which I have almost been hit twice in it from people taking pictures or trying to chase me and ask about the odd design. Which is why I stopped driving it during the day.

Still as I add

That is an incredible story man.

Perhaps you should write to Mitsubishi and see what their their thought of it is.

Who knows they may make you a huge offer to put in their museum.

Well thank you for all of the feedback.
I'll be following

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back