The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Talon fire rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmDillon

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2023
louisville, Kentucky
Where do I begin with this car. Ive owned my talon tsi for about a year now. About 4 months ago I was driving down the highway and I believe a fuel line burst causing my motor to become a ball of fire. The car was on fire for about 5 minutes but was plenty of time to cause thousands in damage. The car is a 95 and had lots of work done to it before I got it so I've sifted through melted parts trying to see whats what. now everything is replaced to the condition when I originally got the car plus a few minor things. I accidentally got a 2gb harness instead of 2ga and thus the cam and crank sensors were different. I installed a 1g cas in the car and followed method #2 when making the sub harness, and since the harness was different I had to get a different mpi relay.

Fast forward about a month all parts are installed and fluids are in the motor so im ready to turn the key for the first time from the fire. my oil pressure gauge reads max level, the dash doesnt light up, the fuel pump doesnt prime, and the car doesnt crank. Im assuming there is a bad ground or connection somewhere but seeing as how much got replaced im not the most sure of where to begin. Theres also 3 miscellaneous wires in my center console not going to anything and my afr gauge for somereason no longer works (i wonder if theyre related to the loose wires). I got a fluke multimeter from work to start going one connection at a time to check continuity but is there a way to help narrow down whats giving me all these issues?

Thanks in advance guys!

So I went and messed around with car some last night playing with wiring and I think I may have found my issue. I believe its a bad starter ground, I have it grounded on the block but from what I read on other threads its supposed to ground to the trans. not only this but I discovered through threads that my fuel system is actually still working being as the prime happens when you try to crank. If its not as windy today as yesterday im going to pull everything out of the left side of my engine bay clean connections and change that ground! will update as I find more information on the car.

Attach the motor ground to the top starter bolt. There is a "test" connector under the hood of the car for testing the fuel pump. The thread is HERE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back