1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Talon DL Daily

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon N/T
Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 87dsmer

87dsmer Probationary Member

Joined Feb 5, 2020
    Beechgrove, Tennessee

216  1

1993 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. 87dsmer

87dsmer Probationary Member

Joined Feb 5, 2020
    Beechgrove, Tennessee
    Pulled the 4g37 out. Got a 91 eclipse gs auto parts car. Ordered a used flywheel from a galant for $30. Used one of the old engine to chassis connectors since it was different, spent a lot of time looking for pinouts but turns out color matching is fine. Took a little while to realise since I was using an auto harness I need to bypass the neutral safety switch. My cluster had been dead for years so I swapped the dashes with all the wiring and repinned the connector by the fuse box which was mainly lights I think. Got everything running only to not be able to get the car in gear. Adjusted the shift cables since one of the problems was it wanted to go forward in reverse. Tried an extended slave rod, and steel braided clutch line with no luck no luck. Dropped the transmission and shimmied the pivot ball. It shifts now but need to get more gear oil. After I get some gear oil in I can finally take it out for a test drive :D

216  1

1993 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM