The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

talon bumper? eclipse bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTrout

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2010
Nevada, Missouri
I have a bit of a noob question, sorry

I have a 95 talon esi that need a new front bumper.So are the eclipse bumpers and talon bumpers the same?? I would rather get an eclipse bumper just cause its cheaper :D

no they are not the same close but not exactly... i have a talon bumper for sale pm me if interested

there are like 5000 theads on this LOL. What year bumper for the Eclipse. if its a 2GB (97-99) then you will need the 2GB Eclipse headlight as well, otherwise you will have a gap cause the headlights are not the same. if its a 2ga Eclipse bumper then it should bolt up just fine. So in reality if you go with the 2GB
Eclipse bumper it may not even be cheaper cause you need new headlights

there are like 5000 theads on this LOL. What year bumper for the Eclipse. if its a 2GB (97-99) then you will need the 2GB Eclipse headlight as well, otherwise you will have a gap cause the headlights are not the same. if its a 2ga Eclipse bumper then it should bolt up just fine. So in reality if you go with the 2GB
Eclipse bumper it may not even be cheaper cause you need new headlights

Close. But you got the gap backwards. Using 97-99 Eclipse headlights with any 2g bumper other than the 97-99 Eclipse bumper will create the gap. The 97-99 Eclipse bumper will work with your car but you need the shorter 97-99 Eclipse headlights. The headlights from the 95-96 Eclipses and the 95-98 Talons are the same and are wider. So a 97-99 Eclipse bumper will not fit with 95 headlights unless you want to have the bumper stick over the inner part of the headlights. That will push the bumper out a bit on each side and look like garbage.

so, a 95-96 eclipse bumper will fit my 95 talon right? as in bolts spot and fitting around my headlights
I do like the talon bumper better, and will get one if i can :)

Last edited:
You are correct. I used to have a perfect 2Ga Talon bumper like 2 weeks ago. I traded it for my 2Gb Talon bumper. The 2Gb Talon bumper looks the best and will fit your headlights, but they are hard to get a hold of unless you want to shell out big money for a new one.

I say go Eclipse, I have this bumper on my Talon and I love it, but like someone mentioned above you would need to change the headlights as well.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

just keep searching jukyards. I found my 2gb talon front for $34. make sure u grab any airdam/ducting behind them to finish it off.

also there are 4 LARGE bolts that hold the complete bumper assy to the car, so check out how to remove it before u go yanking it off. I learned.

thx for sticking with the Talon look :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back