The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Taking Out Head This Sunday What Should I Look For?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honduraneclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 13, 2003
revere, Massachusetts
O.K. FIRST BIG QUESTION OF MINES IS WHAT IS THAT ORANGE LIGHT THAT LOOKS LIKE A CIRCUS TENT THAT COMES ON THE CLUSTER.. I HAVE A 90 GST. I HEARD THAT IT WAS ENGINE COOLANT SENDING SIGN BUT I NEVER KNEW THAT UNTIL I BLEW THAT HEAD GASKET RACING.... OH MY GOD I COULDNT BELIEVE IT... WHEN I GOT IT HOME THE THERMOSTAT WAS GONE, THE HEATER CORE COLLAPSED. THE RADIATOR HOSE AND RADIATOR BLEW. AND THE GASKET WENT.... AND WHO ELSE KNOWS WHAT WENT.... PROBABLY WARPED HEAD OR PISTON RINGS WERE FRIED. ... I HAVE A THEORY HOW I DID NOT KNOW EXCATLY WHY I DIDNT KNOW WHY I HAD LOW COOLANT ,,THE COOLANT SENSOR STOPPED WORKING AND ALSO BECAUSE OF THE WHEATHER BEING COLD I DID NOT CHECK THE COOLANT.... ANYWAYS ALL OF US DSMERS KNOW THE 4G63 TURBO IS EXPENSIVE SO I HOPE I COULD JUST CAN GET AWAY WITH A GASKET PROBLEM WHAT ABOUT IF THE HEAD WARPED ... ANY ONE HAVE PICS OF A WARPED HEAD SO I CAN KNOW EXCATLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE... ALSO I HAVE A 4G63 MOTOR FROM A NONTURBO 90ISH GALANT GSR EDITION.... SO IF THE HEAD IS WARPED ON MINE CAN I USE THE GALANTS HEAD OR DO I NEED TO DO SOME MACHINE WORK ON IT...
ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP ALOT
THANKS GUYS
90GST 2.5 CATBACK

HONDAS ARE FREEBIES V8S ARE EARNED

Originally posted by honduraneclipse
O.K. FIRST BIG QUESTION OF MINES IS WHAT IS THAT ORANGE LIGHT THAT LOOKS LIKE A CIRCUS TENT THAT COMES ON THE CLUSTER.. I HAVE A 90 GST. I HEARD THAT IT WAS ENGINE COOLANT SENDING SIGN BUT I NEVER KNEW THAT UNTIL I BLEW THAT HEAD GASKET RACING.... OH MY GOD I COULDNT BELIEVE IT... WHEN I GOT IT HOME THE THERMOSTAT WAS GONE, THE HEATER CORE COLLAPSED. THE RADIATOR HOSE AND RADIATOR BLEW. AND THE GASKET WENT.... AND WHO ELSE KNOWS WHAT WENT.... PROBABLY WARPED HEAD OR PISTON RINGS WERE FRIED. ... I HAVE A THEORY HOW I DID NOT KNOW EXCATLY WHY I DIDNT KNOW WHY I HAD LOW COOLANT ,,THE COOLANT SENSOR STOPPED WORKING AND ALSO BECAUSE OF THE WHEATHER BEING COLD I DID NOT CHECK THE COOLANT.... ANYWAYS ALL OF US DSMERS KNOW THE 4G63 TURBO IS EXPENSIVE SO I HOPE I COULD JUST CAN GET AWAY WITH A GASKET PROBLEM WHAT ABOUT IF THE HEAD WARPED ... ANY ONE HAVE PICS OF A WARPED HEAD SO I CAN KNOW EXCATLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE... ALSO I HAVE A 4G63 MOTOR FROM A NONTURBO 90ISH GALANT GSR EDITION.... SO IF THE HEAD IS WARPED ON MINE CAN I USE THE GALANTS HEAD OR DO I NEED TO DO SOME MACHINE WORK ON IT...
ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP ALOT
THANKS GUYS
90GST 2.5 CATBACK

HONDAS ARE FREEBIES V8S ARE EARNED
The "circus light" is the coolant level light. It is the sensor that is located in the overflow bottle.
You would not be able to tell if the head is worped or not. You need a straight edge. yes the head from the Galant will work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back