The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

taking out engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by forbiddeneffect
i am in the process now of unbolting the tranny to take it out as well. it is a little bit harder thatn i expected. :D

just about everytime you do something for the first time on a DSM it ends up being harder than you expected. good knowledge to have though,for next time or whenever.

Yeah getting that thing shoehorned in and out of there is a real bi***!!! just unbolt the tranny and then drop it out under the car as the engine comes up. When you put the motor back in you need to be at a 45 degree angle if you put the motor/trans back in when bolted together. I just finished this myself, and it was a real bi***.

What are you trying to accomplish? If your trying to replace the clutch/flywheel assembly, your doing the right thing, however if your doing motor work, you need to pull the motor and trans. out together, I guess you don't NEED to, but it'll save you a big headache.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back