The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Taking a break after 8 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
I think I'm done...for a while

I am about part her out.

I still love the looks, the sound of a turbo spooling, etc, its just time for something different after having her for 100k+ and nearly 8 years.

The wife and I are currently looking at `96ish Range Rovers (yes, I know about the cost of ownership, the EAS failures, etc) and have found two locally that fit our requirements.

We went and drove one Sunday, and she fell in love with it, but I there were too many "little things" that clicked with me...cracking leather, blown rear hatch shocks, and a sunroof slider that fell out on the first tug. I got the eerie DSMish feeling with that one, but the low miles and GREAT service records were a plus.

I am looked at a similar RR this week with 30k more on the clock, but no "little things" to speak of. The owner was very forthcoming about the 2 issues, and he is in the process of correcting them (slight droop in headliner, one leaky VC gasket). Immaculate interior, air suspension serviced, and great maint. schedule. I will be talking to the bank today.

Both my car and the wife's auto 1g are in the classifieds. I probably won't get what I'm asking for mine, so a part out is probably going to happen in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck in your endeavours, Kris. I trust you will continue to visit us? :)

I'll be around as much as always, till that air-suspension kicks and I go back to good ol tool throwing and cursing. :p

I plan to buy another one down the line, it just isn't right for me right now. I'll still mod here and on my local boards as well. Just because I have to learn new things doesn't mean I have to forget all the stuff I picked up in these circles or ignore the friends I have made.

want soem land Rover shirts to look offcial when you take it to the dealer!!! my dad is a Master Tech for Land Rover Cherry Hill...Been that way for almost 20 years now. List the year of the car when you actually buy it...and if you have any questions(if your going to be fixing it yourself) i'll be more than happy to ask him. Hell i've been there so many times i pratcially work on them with him. Wonderful Trucks...if your an off road enthusiat take thru some Mud Lando!!! Nonetheless it's a luxury SUV and I've always wanted one...there just a little out of my price range for now. But good luck with the new truck and keep us Updated. Post some pics as well!

Lando, i know you had some troubles when you were at the track in your car, but building a car especially with as many mods as you have, is asking for trouble sometime around. I'm sad to see you go but i have a feeling that the boost bug will bight you after a year of selling your car. Good luck either way. :thumb:

That autos mine.....it better be tehre for me lando or else LOL. PLEASEEEEE dont sell the auto before i get it...pleaseeeeeee...im GOING to get it LOL

anyways, GL on staying out, i tried and look at my sorry ass. and it only took me 5 months

I got dibs on your still unpainted fender. Any yes ill make it fit on the 2g :p

siceclipse said:
I got dibs on your still unpainted fender. Any yes ill make it fit on the 2g :p
Bastard. :laugh:

Too bad about you selling your car, you'll regret it. You'll be back though. They always come back.

The replacement...
*note the 2 DSMs hiding in the pics*

Attachments

• IMG_0867sm.jpg
    IMG_0867sm.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0866sm.jpg
    IMG_0866sm.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0865snm.jpg
    IMG_0865snm.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 530
97GS-TSpyder said:
odd colour, but nice man. what engine?
Greein is "odd"?
WTF :D

I won't point to the 4.0SE badging on the back for your engine question. ;) There could be sand in your eye.

i didnt know if it wsa trim or something. is that a i6 or something?

and i just visualize it as liek white, or black or soething. not hunter ass green LOL. But its pimp either way

LandoAWD said:
Greein is "odd"?
WTF :D

I won't point to the 4.0SE badging on the back for your engine question. ;) There could be sand in your eye.

Greein... WTF

Tevenor said:
It's the same thing as "Green" if you are north of the Mason-Dixon line. :D
OMG Man, not typing for a week will mess you up.

Grant, it is a 4.0L V8.

LandoAWD said:
OMG Man, not typing for a week will mess you up.

Grant, it is a 4.0L V8.

HMMMMM....... Isn't there a thread out there about things that make you go "HMMM" and questions you cannot answer............ I would have to include getting rid of a DSM for a Rover as one of those. I am not much of fan for SUV's, most roads where I live are paved anyway.... ROFL ..LOL. That and the gas milage with today's prices, just does not get if for me. :nono: Sounds like the wife is twisting your arm a bit? :sneaky: OMG :shhh:

Why not keep one just for the fun of it?? :thumb: :rocks:

Good luck!! :laser:

now all you need is tvs up in them headrests!!!

ehem, so, wheres teh lando aprt out dsm thread, dibs on engine bay! :p

The wife is the only reason I had the Laser for so long. ;)

It was just time for an anti-DSM type vehicle.

ITSME4G63 said:
ehem, so, wheres teh lando aprt out dsm thread, dibs on engine bay! :p
A classified will go up as soon as I secure a location to part it out.

HMMMMM....... Isn't there a thread out there about things that make you go "HMMM" and questions you cannot answer............ I would have to include getting rid of a DSM for a Rover as one of those. :confused: I am not much of fan for SUV's, most roads where I live are paved.... ROFL ..LOL. That and the gas milage with today's prices, just does not get if for me. :nono: Sounds like the wife is twisting your arm a bit, or is your family expanding? :sneaky: OMG :shhh:

Why not keep one just for the fun of it?? :thumb: :rocks:

Good luck!! :laser:

I had a weird feeling that someone important to the community was going to rid of there DSM this month... Sad to be you.

Good luck with the RR kris, I know you will miss boost so bad after a short while you will be crawling back... I know I did :p

Nice purchase man, a friend of mine was looking for a Range Rover but got an Audi. Good luck selling the DSMs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back