The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Taking a break after 8 years

Defiant

DSM Wiseman
34,764
184
Jan 13, 2003
glorious Galt, California
Mmmm, lookit them nice, big, round lights. :thumb:
 

Attachments

  • hibeamsb.jpg
    hibeamsb.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 179

Raph

Proven Member
2,293
6
Jan 27, 2003
neunkirchen/germany, Europe
LandoAWD said:
I think I'm done...for a while

I am about part her out.

I still love the looks, the sound of a turbo spooling, etc, its just time for something different after having her for 100k+ and nearly 8 years.

The wife and I are currently looking at `96ish Range Rovers (yes, I know about the cost of ownership, the EAS failures, etc) and have found two locally that fit our requirements.

We went and drove one Sunday, and she fell in love with it, but I there were too many "little things" that clicked with me...cracking leather, blown rear hatch shocks, and a sunroof slider that fell out on the first tug. I got the eerie DSMish feeling with that one, but the low miles and GREAT service records were a plus.

I am looked at a similar RR this week with 30k more on the clock, but no "little things" to speak of. The owner was very forthcoming about the 2 issues, and he is in the process of correcting them (slight droop in headliner, one leaky VC gasket). Immaculate interior, air suspension serviced, and great maint. schedule. I will be talking to the bank today.

Both my car and the wife's auto 1g are in the classifieds. I probably won't get what I'm asking for mine, so a part out is probably going to happen in a couple of weeks.



kris,as you know im a mechanik..and i work aty a dealership..and when people want to trade in cars, i usually check em out first..and make a list of whats wrong..

well: I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN A 3 year or older RANGE ROVER,LAND ROVER or ROVER CAR that was in any MECHANICAL condition sutible enough to be resold without HUGE finacial INVESTMENTS..in other words..they are the BIGGEST junk on the ROAD ! dont buy a ROVER,dont do it.. there wasnt one good one,please DONT DO IT..in fact,weve TURNED DOWN almost ALL ROVERS for a TRADE IN..

you think your ride is unreliable..Range rovers and jags are 10x worse..and.. the parts cost loadfs of money..

edit: ok i see you ve bought it already, well i really hope that you have alot of luck with the range,and everyone on this site should wish you luck..a

edit two: it is a very classy ride tho..does it have the descent control and all the dual gates on the autostick?the air suspensions are sweet two..just check the lines regularly and youll be good to go :thumb:

edit three: get a good waranty from the dealer and check it out thorougkly before the waranty is out. :thumb:
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Raph said:
kris,as you know im a mechanik..and i work aty a dealership..and when people want to trade in cars, i usually check em out first..and make a list of whats wrong..

well: I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN A 3 year or older RANGE ROVER,LAND ROVER or ROVER CAR that was in any MECHANICAL condition sutible enough to be resold without HUGE finacial INVESTMENTS..in other words..they are the BIGGEST junk on the ROAD ! dont buy a ROVER,dont do it.. there wasnt one good one,please DONT DO IT..in fact,weve TURNED DOWN almost ALL ROVERS for a TRADE IN..

you think your ride is unreliable..Range rovers and jags are 10x worse..and.. the parts cost loadfs of money..
Raph, breathe...I already bought it. ;) I bought it through a LR Gold Tech, so most of the BIG things like the EAS and realss, etc are done.

It ate a starter this morning, but it was the 120k OEM one. Hooray DSM replacement!


Raph, lemme know if you can find the Euro lights (clear corners and side markers) for a 95-99 4.0/4.6.
 

Raph

Proven Member
2,293
6
Jan 27, 2003
neunkirchen/germany, Europe
ok,ill call around on monday ..

do you want clear, or smoked gray turnsignals?..ill check :thumb:
 

95RedRS

Proven Member
493
1
Feb 2, 2005
Dirty Jerzee, New_Jersey
There Capable Vehicles...I'd prefer this over a DSM

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

HokieDSM

Proven Member
1,726
0
Oct 24, 2002
Blacksburg, Virginia
Well, Kris - for the Anti-DSM, you definitely got it. That said, at least you have a car actually gives you a little extra room now. You definitely should send pictures of it when you decide to ford a river somewhere, like the pics above :D

Your DSMs, it makes sense why you're sellin them. Seems like you've had a good run with the Laser, but I too know the feeling of the 110-120k mile modded Turbo DSM... and realizing that it can't be a daily driver without a LOT of time and money put into it. Been there. Of course, the "cheap" one's a slushbox, so that's out too :p

I'm starting to think we need a Buy-A-Mod-A-New-DSM fund on here... :toobad:
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
UNSpooled said:
Why can't you just keep one of the DSM's...its a $2500 car????

Because I don't want one.
:|

This was explained in my first post.
 

LaserDad91

Proven Member
491
5
Apr 30, 2004
Huntsville, Ohio
95RedRS said:
There Capable Vehicles...I'd prefer this over a DSM

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


I don't live in the jungle, roads I travel are paved, 5th ave has air supension = no need for gas guzzling SUV. LOL. ROFL :laser:

EDIT: Already own a boat for water transportation!!
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
LaserDad91 said:
I don't live in the jungle, roads I travel are paved

"Where we're going, we don't need roads."


ROFL
 

LaserDad91

Proven Member
491
5
Apr 30, 2004
Huntsville, Ohio
No need for them either when I am on the lake in the boat! ROFL

I just think SUV's (for most people) are another "fad" and once people get tired of the poor fuel milage and $2+gal for gas, you won't be able to give them away. A couple of 4 wheelers would accomplish the same limited purpose, at a much reduced investment.

Enjoy your new vehical and have fun!! :thumb: :laser:
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
RiceKiller_TSi said:
LOL! I hear ya Doc Brown! You got a blow thru uicp on that Laser?
At least someone got that reference.

No blow-through on the old gal, though.
 

95RedRS

Proven Member
493
1
Feb 2, 2005
Dirty Jerzee, New_Jersey
See some people actually go off the road for fun...And these cars come equipped with air suspension!!!...you hit a button and the car moves up or down whihc ever you prefer. It's pretty neat. Alot of ppl who see it happen and don't know that it can do that think it's some custom suspension...but it's stock...Expensive as hell to fix but nonethelss a great feature for if you ever decide to get it dirty
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
ISUJakey said:
Any update with the parting-out process?
Naw. To be fair, I'm putting up the same list on three or four boards I use at roughly the same time whenever I get it out to a part-out location.
 

LaserDad91

Proven Member
491
5
Apr 30, 2004
Huntsville, Ohio
LandoAWD said:
Naw. To be fair, I'm putting up the same list on three or four boards I use at roughly the same time whenever I get it out to a part-out location.


Just a thought on your parting out project.

When you consider your time and effort to disassemble the car (which will take you away from the fun driving of the Rover), and add in the possibilities of “after sale issues”, would you be just be better off to sell the car at a reduced price and be done with the whole deal?

:laser:
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
LaserDad91 said:
Just a thought on your parting out project.

When you consider your time and effort to disassemble the car (which will take you away from the fun driving of the Rover), and add in the possibilities of “after sale issues”, would you be just be better off to sell the car at a reduced price and be done with the whole deal?

:laser:
I have a number I NEED to get out of the car. The price in the classifieds is more than that, but not much more.

I would do better financially spending 1 or 2 saturdays with some air tools and just going at it.
 

Defiant

DSM Wiseman
34,764
184
Jan 13, 2003
glorious Galt, California
LaserDad91 said:
(which will take you away from the fun driving of the Rover)
Or, from the even greater fun of beating the living crap out of whatever loaner car you're driving while awaiting the Rover's current bout of repairs to be finished-up. :D

Then again, you probably didn't klnow they were likely to be troublesome cars.
 

9d2TSi

Proven Member
1,215
1
Jun 5, 2003
Battle Creek, Michigan
Well Kris, too bad to see this thread. I knew something was up when I saw your car in the classifieds. But, on the bright side, good luck with the new cars.
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
Defiant said:
Or, from the even greater fun of beating the living crap out of whatever loaner car you're driving while awaiting the Rover's current bout of repairs to be finished-up. :D
I still have a reliable daily driver. ;) 95 Chevy S-10

Defiant said:
Bastard!
:tease:
 

LandoAWD

Retired
Supporting VIP
10,746
38
Jun 13, 2002
Hillsborough, North_Carolina
ROFL

Can't beat a free beater. :)
 
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Top